The Wife

Amy

"What the hell do you think of yourself?" I heard a voice behind me, and everyone stopped to look. Before I could react, a hand held my arm and turned me around.

"What the -"

"What do you think of yourself? How could you have stopped me from meeting Aaron?" Ashley shouted at me.

"Ashley, what are you saying?" I cringed at her voice. I swear my ears are hurting.

"You asked the guards not to let me in the hospital or the apartment building, didn't you? I wanted to see Aaron, and they didn't let me in. Do you know how worried I was?" she continued yelling.

I looked around to see the other employees whispering and looking with questions. More people were joining the crowd with each passing second.

I softly whispered to her, "Ashley, I had asked them not to let anyone except the family members and Peter to be in because of the media. You could have called me or Daniel -"

"Oh please! As if you would have let me in. I know you have a problem with me. But, let me tell you, I am Aaron's friend even before you met him, okay? I mean way more to him than you ever will. Also, for your information, I told Aaron yesterday that I would see him in the office today, and I just came here after meeting Aaron in his office, okay? So, your plan has failed,"she yelled at me.

So, that was his important work? Last night, he was texting Ashley? He could have just told me. Why lie to me?

"And how dare you? How dare you talk to me like this? Aren't you ashamed at all? You are the reason behind his accident. You fought with him, and he -"

"I think that's enough!" Aaron's voice boomed in the reception area, making us turn to face him.

"Aaron -"

"I think that's enough, Ashley," Aaron looked at her.

Ashley threw him a fake smile and held his right hand, saying, "Aaron, I was just telling her that -"

"I heard everything, Ashley, that's enough. Thanks for your concern but, this is between me and Amelia", Aaron fucking smiled at her. Here, I wanted to strangle her to death and he smiled at her after all of this nuisance she caused. He slowly pulled out his hand from hers.

"Aaron, since the day this woman has stepped a foot in your life everything is going bad. I am telling you, all of this is her fault. This tramp-"

"Ms. Ashley Jones, mind your language! That is my wife you are talking about", Aaron yelled at her making everyone around us gasp. I turned my head to look at him in shock.

Please, tell me he did not just declare that in front of almost hundred employees.

Actually, it could be more than hundred. It is just past lunch time. My conscious reminded me.

Shut up. I waved it off.

"You maybe my friend but, I expect you to talk to her and about her with respect. She is not anybody. She is Mrs. Amelia Kingston. Think twice before every word that you utter about her", Aaron told her straight.

"Aaron, you got into the accident because of-"

"Because of brake failure. I was driving at high speed and yes, we did have a small argument that night. But, so what? Every husband and wife have issues between them. But, you are a third party here and you have no right to say anything to her", Aaron told her.

"But, I-"

"I hope you will be able to find your way out of the office, Ashley", Aaron told her and caught my hand and dragged me upstairs to his office.