The New Secretary

Amy

"These are perfect, Mr. Kingston. This place will be exactly how I wished it to be. I am really happy with your services. In fact, we are so impressed that we have decided that we will be recommending your company to all our friends and business associates", said the Duke's daughter-in-law making us all grin with happiness.

It has been ten days since we last met the Duke's grandson and I made all the changes they had asked. His parent's were here today and after showing them the designs, their reaction to the plan was just marvellous.

"I thank you, Mrs. Silva, for your appreciation. But, I think it is Amelia, here, who the credit goes to", Aaron said shocking me. I looked at him surprised and he gave me a nod in return.

"Of course, thank you, Amelia. This is just splendid. I think we should start the construction as soon as possible, then?" asked Mrs. Silva.

"Yes, definitely. I will talk to my construction team and we should get started soon. I will share the updates via email."

"Perfect. Darling, are you forgetting something?" Mrs. Silva ask her husband with a suggestive look.

"Oh yes, of course. Mr. Kingston, we are planning to built another office in Italy. We haven't decided on the location yet, but, I would like if you could work on that project as well, once we get the perfect location", said Mr. Silva.

"Of course, sir. That would be my pleasure", Aaron said shaking his hand.

"Great! See you then", said Mr. Silva getting up. We all got up along with him.

"Also, Mr. Kingston? Once this home is built, I will host a small party. Consider this as a pre-invite for you and your wife", Mr. Silva said making me jump in my place. I looked at Aaron who continued talking to her as they walked out of the room.

Everyone else left as I continued packing my designs.

"That went very well, didn't it?" Aaron said making me jump again.

"Stop sneaking up on me!" I said turning to look at him.

Aaron laughed and said pointing to the table, "I came to pick up my phone."

I smiled at him lightly and said, "I believe you deserve be congratulated. A very successful project overseas, Duke's family recommending you to their friends and a new project lined up already. I think you have a lot of reasons to be elated."

"I am elated. On top of the world, to be honest", Aaron said grinning.

"Congratulations, Mr. Kingston", I said with a small smile.

"Thanks, Amelia", Aaron said smiling back.

"Why did you give the credit to me?", I asked with a frown.

"You deserve the credit, Amelia. You have worked really hard on this project", Aaron smiled.

"I was just doing my job. Besides, I couldn't have done it so good without you, Mr. Kingston", I told him honestly.

"Of course not. You would have done it anyway. I just helped you get there faster", Aaron shrugged.

"Does it mean you agree that I won the challenge? Did you lose in just two months and two weeks?" I asked cheekily.

Aaron scoffed, "No way. There is still a lot more to face. Be ready."

"I am ready. Let's see what more you have in store for me", I replied cockily and he chuckled.

We just stared at each other for a few seconds. Why is it that we are always on good terms inside this conference room? As soon as we leave this room, something or the other goes wrong. Why can't Aaron be like this everywhere? It will get so much easier to handle him? Yes, of course. His revenge. I think the conference room is the only place where he doesn't remember that.