The Break-In

Amy

"So, everyone is on the same page now?" Lia asked.

"Yes!" we all said in unison and rolled our eyes.

Right now, we are in our hotel room in Seattle and are waiting for sunset so that we can leave for our search in Lawson Mansion. Lia has been repeatedly explaining the whole plan to us almost tenth time since morning. I think even a newborn baby would understand by now.

"Great!" Lia smiled excitedly.

"We all already knew everything. You didn't have to explain it again", Daniel told her and Aaron and I groaned.

There they go again.

"Is there any harm in double checking?" Lia narrowed her eyes at him.

"Double checking is okay. What you did is not double checking. It is fifty times checking. Even the walls of this room might know every bit of our plan now", Daniel argued.

"You-"

"Guys", Aaron cut Lia off with a warning look.

Lia narrowed her eyes at Daniel and turned back to look at the television.

I sighed with relief and turned my head to see that Aaron was already looking at me. Our eyes locked with each other. We hadn't got a chance to be alone since morning. Obviously, we had things to discuss. We both knew that if Daniel would have called in the morning we would have done the deed. Somewhere, I was even happy that we didn't end up doing it in the morning. I want us to confess to each other before we get there.

I don't know what will happen tonight. But, I know one thing for sure. I want Aaron to know that I love him. I know that the feelings are mutual. It is just I am waiting for him and he is probably nervous to say it. I felt like just yelling it out to him. But, now wasn't the time to do it. Maybe after tomorrow. I feel that we will get to that point once things fall into place tonight.

"Aaron, you wanna go down and check if the car is here yet?" Daniel asked Aaron making us break our eye contact.

"Now who is fifty times checking?" Lia taunted.

"Am I talking to you?" Daniel gritted at her.

"Okay, let's go", Aaron cut them off pulling Daniel with him out of the room.

I sighed with relief as we narrowly dodged another argument from starting. How they live in the same apartment is beyond me.

"Look at him. He is so arrogant. If it wasn't a necessitation for my work, I would have never lived in his house", Lia said to me with disgust.

"He is not that bad, Lia", I told her.

She just scoffed, "I feel he is lucky that in these two weeks that I have stayed in his house, I have hardly crossed paths with him else I don't know what I would have done."

I sighed and just shook my head diverting my attention back to the television .

"I thought about what you said the other day", I told her after a few moments.

"What did I say?" she asked with confusion.

"About how I should go tell Aaron that I..still..you know", I trailed off.

"That you still love him?" Lia asked, almost yelled.

"Lia! They might be coming back up", I scolded her.

"That drama queen will never come up so fast and obviously Aaron won't come back alone. So, forget it. What about that?" she asked me.

"I think you are right. I should say it first", I told her biting my lip.