The Back to Normal

Amy

"Out! Get out, Aaron!" I yelled at Aaron.

"What? But, why? What did I do now?" he asked with a frown.

"What did you do? You said you wanted to eat cookies. So, I called you in here to help me instead you are", I swatted his hand away and continued, "You are busy licking the cookie dough and flirting with me!"

"You know, I don't know anything about this baking and cooking that you do. If I help you, they wouldn't be worth eating. And flirting is good for health", Aaron smirked.

"Very well. I will take up your advice, Dr. Kingston and the next time I meet a handsome man, I will work on improving my health", I smirked back at him.

"Your health will only get better by flirting with this handsome man", Aaron said pulling me closer.

"Which handsome man? I don't see any handsome man here", I frowned trying very badly to control my laughter.

"Really?" Aaron asked raising his eyebrows.

"Yes, really", I bit my lip.

"Well, let me show you then", Aaron said dipped in to kiss me.

We broke apart breathless. We stared at each other in the eyes and smiled. Suddenly, I broke into fits of laughter.

"What's funny?" Aaron asked with a smile.

"We. We are", I chuckled.

"We?"

"Yes. I mean not even a month ago we were fighting like we have a war going on between us and today we are celebrating our five month anniversary", I laughed.

"Well, a lot of things have cleared up between us since last three days. So, definitely we are happier and...normaler than what we were", Aaron smiled.

"Yes", I smiled back.

I stared at him for a few seconds and then broke the eye contact saying, "So, everything is prepared for the orphanage visit tomorrow?"

"Yes, almost. Peter is looking into the delivery of the supplies as we speak."

"Why do you go there tomorrow every year?" I asked.

"It is Julia's birthday", Aaron said with a sad smile.

I just looked at him and he continued, "She would always go to orphanages and give things away on her birthday. She would say that she was lucky to find a new family in us after her parents died but, those people aren't. So, she wanted to share her happiness with them."

"Yes, people who don't have parents are overwhelmed with emotions when they get even the slightest love of a family" I told him.

"Yup and two years back Julia gave me a gift from wherever she is", Aaron smiled and I frowned.

"She gave me my life back in the form of a best friend on her birthday", Aaron smiled at me brightly and I knew he meant me.

"So cheezy", I rolled my eyes.

"That's true, Mel. You are the life of my life. Without you it will be all gray", Aaron said in all seriousness.

Wow! Just wow! You can say all of this but, you can't say what I wanna hear.

"We should put these for baking", I told him and put the cookie tray in the oven. I set the timer and turned to start cleaning up.

"Leave it. Let's go", Aaron said pulling my hand.

"But, where?" I asked him as we walked out of the kitchen.

"I need your help", he said and pulled me with him to his study.