The Amelia Lawson

Amy

"What? Who are you?" Aaron asked the girl outside.

"I am Amelia Lawson", she told him.

"Is this some kind of a sick joke? Amelia is my wife and you are definitely not her", Aaron told her as I gulped.

"You have the wrong girl, Mr. Kingston. You know what? I think I should just come inside and explain. This is going to take some time. Excuse me", she pushed Aaron out of her way and came in as if she owned the place. Aaron just turned around and scoffed in disbelief.

After that, I hardly paid attention to what Aaron was doing as my eyes were stuck on her face. A face I was looking at after eight years. I didn't blink even once as tears flowed down my cheeks. I was scared that she will vanish again if I blink.

"Amy", she whispered looking at me, her face mirroring mine.

"Lia", I whispered as a small smile finally build up on my face.

We both ran to meet each other halfway and hugged instantly. We cried and hugged so tightly as if there was no tomorrow.

"You are really here, right? I am not dreaming?" I cried as I continued hugging her tightly.

"Yeah, I am. You think this hug would feel this amazing and cozy if you were in a dream?" she sniffed.

I chuckled, "Classic Lia."

"You haven't changed either, little one", she pouted.

"I am not little", I pouted and sniffed.

"You are. If I wear heels, I think you won't even reach my waist. Of course, the heels will have to be only a little more than two feet high", Lia joked.

We pulled apart a little but, still holding each other. Lia said, "Are you alright? You must have been through so much. But, don't worry. I am here now. I'll fix this, okay?"

I sniffed and cupped her cheek, "Forget, me. Where were you? It has been eight years. I tried looking for you so much. I...I didn't know where to find you. I came back from the camp and you were just gone and then, Luke and I tried finding you and then-"

"Ssh...I'll explain everything, okay? Right now, I have something else to do", she said wiping my tears as I wiped hers.

She turned to face Aaron and I came back to reality. The look on Aaron's face was of confusion right now but, I knew it will be of anger pretty soon.

"Mr. Kingston, I am the girl you need. You have to let Amy go. You have to divorce her", Lia told Aaron making me look at her in shock.

I opened my mouth but, Aaron beat me to it, "What? Are you out of your mind?"

He turned to look at me and narrowed his eyes. He clenched his fist and gritted, "Who the fuck is she is and why the hell is she asking me to divorce you?"

I opened my mouth to speak but, this time Lia beat me to it "I told you I am Amelia Lawson, the girl you want. You need to let my friend go."

"She is my wife! And I don't even know who you are! Why the bloody hell will I even listen to you?!" Aaron yelled at her angrily.

I shook my head and told Lia, "Lia, I think you are mistaken-"

"No, Amy. I am not. You don't know the whole story. This is all my fault. I shouldn't have been absent all these years. But, I didn't have a choice. I...Amy, I know you think that he is your loving husband. But, you don't know the truth. Trust me, he has married you for revenge. He has fooled you. He hasn't told you that he is Julia's brother-"