The Special Squad

Amy

"Aaron", I stopped him.

He stopped in his tracks.

"Aaron, please talk to me", I pleaded softly.

He turned around and said, "Why should I talk to you? Did you talk to me?"

"Aaron, I can explain. Just give me a chance", I pleaded sadly.

"I don't think that anything you say can possibly make this any better", Aaron shrugged.

"Aaron, I am still the Amy you knew. If Daniel can accept it, why can't you?" I asked him.

"Because you didn't break his trust", Aaron told me making me stumble back.

"Aaron..."

"I don't get it. I tried. A lot. But, I don't get it. Why did you not tell me? Even that night when Lia was continuosly saying that she is Amelia Lawson, I didn't believe her. Because I thought that you wouldn't hide such an important fact from me! Why? Why didn't you tell me before? Before marriage? When you fucking claimed to love me!" Aaron's eyes were burning with rage.

"I wanted to. Initially, when we started dating, I didn't know where we would land. I didn't want to complicate things for anyone so, I didn't tell you. Later on, as we grew closer, I was scared. I was scared about you just turning your back on me. I really fell for you and I didn't have the guts to tell you. Nonetheless, I wanted to tell you. I couldn't bring myself to do it. After you proposed, we got married in two months. All the time just flew by in preparations. I even tried a week before the wedding but, you were too distracted. But, I had decided that I'll tell you on our wedding night. Then, you dropped this whole revenge thing on me and I didn't have a reason anymore to tell you. I didn't even know that your revenge was related to Marcus Lawson's sister otherwise I would have told you. Believe me", I cried.

"Really? Then, what about after? After I told you about Julia?" Aaron asked angrily.

"I tried to tell you before Lia arrived, Aaron. You didn't listen-"

"What about that whole week?! You knew everything for a whole week! You didn't get five minutes in the whole week?" Aaron asked angrily.

"At first, I wanted to. But, later, I thought that maybe I should wait for a few days. I didn't know where Lia was, Aaron. We had searched a lot eight years ago. We couldn't find her. Her father said she was lost and I didn't even know if she was alive or dead. It had been eight years. I was scared if I tell you, you will try searching for her and what if she isn't even alive. So, I told Luke to look-"

"Luke! You decided to tell your long lost friend and not your own husband!" Aaron looked at me with anger and scoffed, "Unbelievable!"

"Aaron, I didn't have a choice. I wanted to make sure before I tell you anything. I was scared that you might want to track her down just for the sake of your revenge-"

"I had told you I was done with it!" Aaron yelled angrily.

"Did you ever really trust me? I told you everything about Julia, I told you I was done with the whole revenge shit and I am letting it go and you are saying that you were still scared?!" Aaron scoffed.

I cried, "Aaron, I was trying to protect you. I was not sure how you'd react. I trusted you when you said that you don't want the revenge. But, I didn't even know if Lia was involved in it or not. I was not sure if you would believe me or not. I was not sure about if you'd be angry that why I didn't tell you before. I didn't know if you'd hate me for ruining your plans."

"Yes, you ruined them. You ruined everything for me!" Aaron yelled with frustration.

"Aaron, I didn't mean to-"