The Annual Function

Amy

I looked at myself in the mirror one last time before leaving the room. Tonight was the annual function and I was getting ready for the party. The dress was looking really pretty and I had paired it with rose gold heels. I wore diamond studs and had a watch on my wrist. I had pinned my long hair in a french knot. I had applied a light make up and looked simple yet elegant. Just the way I like it.

I smiled and decided to go and wait in the living room. Just as I opened the door of my bedroom, Aaron opened his door too. His eyes fell on me as my fell on him. I blinked as I looked at him. He looked devilishly handsome. His perfect jawline was covered with a light subtle. He was not wearing his spectacles today and his freshly gelled hair looked amazing.

He kept staring at me making me slightly uncomfortable. I gulped and walked out asking with confusion, "What?"

He just shook his head and continued staring at me walking out of his room.

What's wrong? Is there something on my face? I did double check when I got out though.

I pushed a strand of my hair behind my ear and averted my eyes slightly before looking at him again. My eyes widened in shock as I realized something.

"You are wearing a black suit?" I asked him with shock before I could stop myself.

"No, I am wearing pink", he said sarcastically rolling his eyes.

"Well, your friend did say you should go for blue", I shrugged.

"Thousands of people tell me millions of things everyday. If I start to follow all their advices, I will be on streets in no matter of time", he scoffed.

"Then, what was all that 'Of course' , 'Definitely', 'I agree', 'You are always right' on the cash counter?" I asked imitating him.

"I do what I want to. But, that doesn't mean I have to announce it to them", Aaron snorted and I rolled my eyes.

I was smiling slightly on the inside. I don't know why but I felt like laughing. Poor Grace. She thinks Aaron listened to her. What was it again? You will break hearts in blue. Tomorrow's news will break her heart.

"Stop grinning", Aaron said making me purse my lips. "Aren't you getting late? H..How are you going? Cab?" he asked slowly.

"No, actually. Luke's picking me up", I shrugged.

He gave me a nod, "Right. Your long lost friend."

"You can leave if you want though. I have my keys. I'll lock the house. He will be here any minute", I said.

"What makes you think that I am waiting for you? I just have some work", he said and sat down on the couch playing a game on his cell phone.

Seriously? Playing a game on his phone is his work? It is his company's party. He is the host. Ideally, he should reach early. But, he is also the CEO. So, his wish.

I just shrugged and texted Luke.

"You've worn heels again? I swear this time if you fall, I won't be there to catch you", Aaron said again.

"These are the platform ones. I'll manage", I glared at him. Why is he trying to make small talk?

"You bought new ones?" he asked.

"Old or new. How does it matter to you?" I asked getting frustrated. I am done with him.

"Just saying don't fall", Aaron shrugged.

"Even if I fall, how does it matter to you?" I asked him angrily.

"Of course, it matters", he said.

"Why? Why does it matter?"