The Sweet Revenge

Amy

"Marcus-", I started saying and accidentally took a step forward and someone shot a bullet in my direction.

"Mel!" Aaron pulled me back.

Aaron had turned us around to save me from getting shot but, in the process the bullet grazed him on the arm and his arm started bleeding.

"Aaron!" I said as blood started flowing causing the sleeve of his white shirt slowly become red.

"Relax, I'm okay", he told me holding his forearm and wincing slightly.

"I told you. Do not move unless you wanna die", Marcus chuckled darkly.

Lia, where are you? Please, be safe.

"You bloody bastard!" Daniel yelled at him.

"You wanna die first? I'll fulfil your wish", Marcus said pointing the gun at Daniel.

"Not so soon, asshole", came Lia's voice making all of us look in the left.

Lia looked at us and said, "Run!"

Before anyone could react, Lia raised her hand in the air and threw a ball on the floor as hard as she could. The smoke bomb exploded the minute it met the floor and the room was covered in white fog within a few seconds.

I felt someone hold my hand and pull me with him. I knew the touch. I knew it was Aaron but, the circumstances were making me doubt myself at the moment so I had to double check.

"Aaron, it is you right? I can't see anything", I whispered.

"Trust me, Mel. Just walk. Don't speak a word", Aaron whispered and pulled me with him.

I blindly followed the pull of my arm as I heard Marcus yelling to his men in the background.

We took a few turns left and right and slowly the fog started clearing a little. Aaron found a table in the room and we ducked down under it. We sat there for a few seconds and caught our breaths.

"Aaron, your arm-"

"Ssh.." he cut me off.

"Aaron, give me your hand", I whispered pulling his hand.

"I am fine, Mel. Don't move. Someone might be coming", Aaron whispered.

"Give me you hand", I whispered with a warning and he gave up.

He kept an eye on the door as I opened my small backpack. I removed a small knife and cut open his sleeve. The bruise was not very deep but, he was losing a lot of blood.

I fished my bag for a handkerchief and wiped the blood.

Aaron winced slightly as I touched the bruise.

"Sorry", I whispered and tied the handkerchief around to stop the blood flow for now.

"The medical kit is in Lia's bag. For now this should work", I told him.

"I am fine", Aaron told me.

"I told you not to put yourself in danger for me. Why do you not listen?" I asked him with worry.

"Once we are out of here, you can argue as much as you want. For now, just stay here, okay?" he said crawling out a little.

"Where are you going?" I asked pulling him back.

"If Marcus Lawson finds me, they might not go after all of you. You guys can sneak out safely and meet Peter", Aaron told me.

"I am not going anywhere. Just stay here. You are done putting yourself in danger", I told him angrily.