The Epilogue

Amy

Four months later...

"Aaron, I hate you!" I cried on the phone.

"No, you don't", he laughed.

"How can you leave me like this?" I whined.

"I haven't left you. I am talking to you right now, am I not?" Aaron chuckled.

"It is not the same!" I exclaimed.

"You promised, Aaron. You promised a year at least", I told him.

"You know this is an emergency, Mel. I'll be back in two weeks and I am still training you over the phone", Aaron consoled me.

"You said it two weeks ago too! Do you know how difficult it is getting for me to handle it here?" I told him.

"I know, Mel. I know. I am trying my best to guide you, am I not?", Aaron told me.

"You took Peter with you too", I groaned.

"Mel, he is my secretary", Aaron laughed.

"I know but, he knows how to handle these contracts and stupid clients of yours better than I do", I told him.

"Relax, Mel. Listen, I have to go for my meeting with Ethan. I will call you back in thirty minutes, okay? Take rest for sometime and then restart with a fresh head", Aaron told me and I nodded.

"So, you really won't be coming for the wedding too, right?" I confirmed one last time.

"Yes, Mel. I am really sorry", Aaron said with a sad voice.

"I hate you", I pouted.

"I love you too. Bye", he chuckled and hanged up.

It has been four months since Aaron and I finally confessed to each other.

Life has been happier and more beautiful than it ever was before. Things have changed a lot since then and not so much either. I have started trusting people more like Aaron had told me to. I have also improved my 'How to read Aaron Kingston' skill a lot more. Aaron has been the most loving and caring husband. He loves surprising me very often, a thing that I have recently found out about him. I still argue with him and he is still a workaholic. But, he always makes time for me after work. Having dinner together has been an unsaid rule for both of us. No matter where we are the whole day, we meet at dinner and talk about the whole day. Like I said, life has been beautiful.

I took over the post of managing director as soon as Aaron announced his new collaboration with Ethan Welsh, a young businessman from Greece, about two months ago as a part of the upcoming Asia expansion. Apparently, Ethan loved Aaron's little work in Europe over the few months before the collaboration and he couldn't wait but, propose that they do it together.

Aaron has been really supportive and has been guiding me throughout since I took over. But, about two weeks ago there was some emergency at one of the sites in England and he had to rush leaving me to manage everything here on myself. Even though he calls whenever he gets time, it is not the same.

After spending two weeks without him, I realised how much work Aaron actually does and how dependant I am on him for everything. I miss him terribly and I want him to be with me every single moment.

I know it is not possible with our fast expanding business and Aaron soon going to have to fly in and out more often than before but, I still want him to be with me. Everything around me reminds me of him and sometimes, I secretly wish for his business to not flourish so fast fearing that he will no longer have time for me. But, Aaron always reassures me and tells me that this is just a small phase since, we just expanded and soon, once things are more settled, he will have to travel a lot lesser.