The She-Devil

Amy

They say that just when you think you are about to forget the past, it comes biting back in your face. I always believed that if you can't kill your inner demons, you should lock them away somewhere. You should just try to avoid them until the memory of their very existence almost vanishes. But, what I didn't know or rather didn't realize that they can only almost vanish and never be completely gone. But, today the realization hit me and boy, it did hit hard.

It had been three weeks since Aaron first walked in with Ruby from this door. But, it was definitely not the last time he did so. He kept coming home with Ruby for a few more weeks. Ruby at least felt sorry for what she did. Aaron is just a shameless, spineless man who loves showing it off. Every time Ruby was home, I would lock myself in my bedroom and cry to myself the whole night. Sometimes I tried sneaking out, but he would always catch me. Every. Single. Time.

Stop being so dramatic. He has got Ruby over only five times in last three weeks. You tried to sneak out once and got caught. Who tries to sneak out in broad daylight anyways? My conscience chided me.

Five times is not just. He is a cheater. Once a cheater, always a cheater. Thankfully, he takes her to the guest room and not that bloody bedroom that I had designed for him and I. I had worked so hard on decorating it. I had put up everything by myself. I had decorated it just like how I had dreamt about my bedroom after my marriage. I would have murdered him if he would take her to that room. And, I tried to sneak out in broad daylight because he got that woman home in broad daylight. I didn't want to hear her and him doing whatever they do. I argued back.

You are such a liar. You never heard any noise from that room. Every time he got Ruby over, the only thing you hear is yourself crying because you put on head phones and blast music as you cry. You were just trying to sneak out because you couldn't handle yourself anymore. My conscience scolded me again.

Fine, I admit that I was hurting and I wanted to go somewhere and just do something that would make me forget the pain. By the way, you are my conscience, if you have forgotten. You are supposed to be on my team. You are not supposed to even sound like him in the first place. So now, shut up! I scolded back.

Anyways, so yeah he got Ruby over five times. Like I said, Ruby was nice. She tried to avoid me as much as she could. In fact, under different circumstances, we could have had a cordial relation. But, Aaron is the asshole here who throws it in my face. It did break my heart every time though. I know he hates me. He wants to avenge something from me, which I still have no idea about. But, at some point, I had loved him. For him, it may have been just revenge but for me it was real. The love was real. Most of it may have gone by now little by little each time he had his little adventure night, but still it was there before and heartbreaks are not easy.

So, when the bell rang today at nine in the evening, I had put myself together and was ready to face another one of those little heartbreaks, but what I saw, or rather who I saw on the other side of the door, was no heartbreak.

It was a trauma. It was like a huge bulldozer just ran all over me. The person outside was as surprised as me. The shock was written all over her face. Aaron stood right behind her but my eyes were not leaving her face. Before either of them could utter a word or walk in, I slammed the door shut on their faces.

Jasmine? Jasmine freaking Trent? What the fuck is that she-devil doing here? Oh no, Aaron. Your choice are becoming worse day by day. Ruby was okay, but Jasmine?

Before I could rant more about it, Aaron's voice broke my thoughts.

"Amy? Amy, open the door."

My breathing fastened as everything came back to me. All my demons were back in one single moment. The bullying, the name calling, the harassment and the trashing. Oh no. I can't let this happen. Not her. Not Jasmine.