The Complete Story

Amy

"Aaron!" I woke up sweating due to the nightmare. I looked around and saw that I was alone in my room and Aaron was gone.

Did he leave? He promised me that he won't leave. Did he find out? No, no, this can't be happening. This can't end like this. I have to tell him. I have to explain the truth to him.

I got up and went out quickly. I took a breath of relief when I saw him in the living room talking on the phone. He turned around and saw me. He quickly hanged up.

"Hey, you're up", he smiled slightly.

I ran to him and hugged him.

"Why did you leave me alone in the room? I thought..I thought you left", I told him.

"Left? I was just talking to the doctor. You were sleeping so, I didn't want to disturb you", he hugged me.

"Doctor? Why? Are you in pain?" I asked pulling away and looked at him with concern.

"No, I am fine. But, you cried a lot yesterday. I was worried if you got a panic attack or something. So, just wanted to make sure", he shrugged.

I gulped and said, "Aaron, I-"

"Ssh..Mel, come sit with me", Aaron told me and we settled on the couch.

"Look Mel, I....I didn't tell you everything yesterday to make you feel guilty about anything, alright? I just wanted you to know why I did what I did. I just wanted you to have a closure. I wanted to tell you everything since before my accident. But, I was not sure if you will trust me again. I took a chance when you asked about Julia. But, there is no reason for you to feel guilty. I was stupid enough to drag you into this. I was just too angry and I thought that I'd do everything to ruin him. I didn't realise I'll become just like him in the process. Sorry", he said as tears of guilt welled up in his eyes.

"No, Aaron. You are nothing like him. You are a sweet, caring, and loving person. That man is a sick bastard. You did it only because you were angry and hurt and wanted him to be hurt. But, he...he is impossible. Even an animal reacts when you harm them. I know you hurt me. But, I can understand you. I know that it is not your true self, whereas for him, it is who he is. There is a difference. You are nowhere close to him, okay? Don't you dare say it, "I told him as tears fell from my eyes again.

"Mel, I am honestly really sorry," he said sadly as tears fell from his eyes, and he held his ears.

"Why did you never tell me before about Julia, Aaron? You could have told me after we married," I asked him.

"Because I thought the plan wouldn't work if you knew that I want you to cry to Marcus about it. In fact, I made sure you never found out that I was Julia's brother. I told Dan, mom, and dad that I was not comfortable yet to talk about her with you. So, they, too, made sure to never mention her in front of you. Dan only came to know about my plan when you landed up in the hospital. Until then, he assumed that I had truly moved on and forgiven that bastard", he shrugged.

"Aaron, I never even talked to Marcus. I even told you that", I told him.

"Mel, every interview that he has ever given, he always says that he misses his sister and loves his sister to death", Aaron said making me flinch.

"He did? I didn't know", I gasped.

Marcus is one weird person. He never bothered in his life about his sister and yet, says all of this in front of media. What a bloody show off he is!

"That is because you have sworn against reading news", Aaron rolled his eyes, making me hit him.

"Ouch!" he exclaimed, "Anyways, I believed what I read."