The Dinner Plan

Amy

"But, you could have just shot him. Why did you have to burn the entire house?" Aaron asked her.

"I don't leave my balances unsettled. He burnt your house, I burnt his. Tit for tat", Lia smirked at him.

"When did you plan this?" I asked her as the house burnt to ashes and the officer started calling the fireman.

"Well, you know how we paid the cleaners to fit the cameras for us, right? So, I secretly told Peter to send a few extra men with the cleaners to clean the whole house with kerosene instead of water. I didn't know Aaron was planning to shoot Marcus dead. But, I had decided that I will not leave tonight without burning this blasted place to ashes and Marcus with it", Lia winked at me.

"Wait, if the kerosene was planted in morning what exactly were you confirming with Peter before he gave you the lighter?" I frowned at her.

"Oh, just that no one was inside except him. I don't wanna harm anyone for no reason", Lia explained.

"Then, what was all the acting with the gun?" Daniel asked her.

"We had a loaded gun and we had a target. Don't tell me you didn't have fun shooting him", Lia gave him a sly grin.

"You know you are crazy, right?" I chuckled and shook my head.

"I know. But, congratulations, Special Squad. We completed our mission", Lia grinned.

"Yup, we did it", I smiled back.

"We finally did it", Aaron whispered looking at the sky.

"She got her justice, brother. Now, her soul will finally rest in peace", Daniel smiled.

"Yes", Aaron sighed with a small smile and wiped his tears.

"Group hug?" Lia asked and we all joined in one.

"By the way, Peter. I think you need to rethink where your loyalties lie. Are you my secretary or Amy and Lia's?" Aaron asked Peter with an eyebrow raised as we pulled apart.

"I am your secretary and their friend", Peter winked and chuckled as Lia and I grinned at each other.

"I am so going to fire you one of these days", Aaron shook his head and hugged him.

"Amy and I have a deal. You fire me, she hires me", Peter chuckled hugging him back and I nodded seconding it.

"Thanks for tonight", Aaron smiled at him.

"I did what I felt was right", Peter smiled back.

"Is your bromance over? Because I am hungry as fuck", Lia groaned.

"You are always hungry", Daniel rolled his eyes.

"What the hell is your problem? You don't want to eat? Then, starve to death. Let others eat", Lia told him angrily.

"Weren't you both on a truce?" I reminded them.

"The sun is rising! Truce is over!" they yelled together.

I looked around with surprise. Indeed the sun was rising. The entire night had passed and it was morning. I smiled at the metaphorical situation.

Today, as the sun rose, the darkest night had ended for all of us and this was a new morning in all our lives.

"By the way, here are the new phones and sim cards for all of you that you had asked me to order", Peter said handing a bag to all of us.

"New phones! Finally, it has been years since I got one", Lia smiled excitedly.