The Changed Man

Amy

As soon as my laughter died down, there was an awkward silence between us and we just looked at each other.

"By the way, I just noticed. This room looks like a flower shop", Aaron chuckled breaking it.

"Well, you have a lot of well wishers" I chuckled.

"Anyone special I must know of?" he asked.

"Well, it is mostly clients. Except that one", I said pointing to the one in the corner.

"Why?" he asked with a frown.

"It came without a name. It just has a card that says 'Hope you know it's me.' It sounded weird to me but, I was too worried to care", I shrugged.

Aaron looked deep in thought for a few minutes and then just shook his head.

"Did you buy a new phone?" he asked.

"Huh?" I was surprised he remembered.

"Yes, I did. I told Peter to get me one", I smiled.

"Sorry for breaking it", he said and I stared at him in shock.

He said sorry to me? This is for the first time in months. I definitely shouldn't think much into it. Maybe he is being nice because he just met an accident.

"Its..Its alright", I muttered.

Aaron bend forward trying to get up suddenly.

"What are you doing?" I asked him going forward to stop him.

"I want to use the restroom", he said continuing to move.

"Wait. Do it slowly. I'll help you", I told him.

"Mel, you do remember that my legs are fine, right? You said it yourself", Aaron looked at me amused.

"Yes, but you may have weakness. You woke up after a week. Besides, I am here to help so why not take it", I told him and he just looked at me and blinked his eyes.

Slowly, he looked away and I helped him go to the restroom.

Soon, we came back and I helped him lie down comfortably on the bed.

I smiled at Aaron when someone knocked on the door.

"May we come in?" dad peeped in.

We nodded and they all walked in.

"Oh yes! What did the doctor say, dad? The so called office work is done, Peter?" Aaron raised an eyebrow at them and shot them a fake smile.

"Well, you were looking all around and we knew you'd ask about Amy. We didn't know if Amy had even woken up yet. We were scared how you will react", mom said sheepishly.

Aaron was looking around to see me?

"Amy woke up like a few minutes after you did. When I went out, I had actually gone to see her and she ran before I could even complete my sentence", Peter flattened his lips.

"You ran till here?" Aaron looked at me with wide eyes.

"Well, I wanted to make sure that Peter wasn't lying to me", I shrugged.

"You went unconscious and the first thing you did after getting up is running?" he asked me incredulously.

"You went into mini coma and the first thing you do after getting up is yell at me?" I asked matching his tone and expression.

Aaron just shook his head.

"Well, if your couple fight is over, Aaron doctor has instructed that you need complete rest, okay? So, no drinking, no unhealthy food and forget your wife for a few days", dad told him and when we looked at him with confusion he continued, "Oh, I don't mean Amy. I mean Kingston Designs, his first wife", dad laughed.