The Mandatory Shopping

Amy

"Did you take everything?" I asked mom as she was ready pulling the zip of her suitcase.

"Yes, Amy," mom replied.

"Your Id cards, jackets, chargers, and cellphones?" I asked again.

"Yes, mother," she laughed.

"Just making sure. Call us if anything, okay?" I told her.

"Yes, don't worry," she smiled back.

We took the bags and walked to the living room where Aaron, Daniel, and dad were waiting for us.

Yesterday, after I reached home, I almost ran to Aaron's room to take a shower. I went straight to the bathroom and took a long shower, trying to forget everything that happened. I got out after almost an hour when I finally had a better control on my emotions. I made the cake and helped everyone with the decorations and setting up everything. When Aaron came home, he was indeed surprised and happy.

We had a fun night. We decided to spend time playing cards and board games. We played a few games, and I tell you this family is crazy competitive. We literally fought over every single point. Aaron cut the cake at midnight, and everyone wished him. It was really awkward when I wished him because I avoided looking at him at any cost, even when he fed me a piece of the cake. Obviously, mom and dad expected me to be a little more romantic in my wish. But, before anyone could say anything about me kissing him or something, thankfully, Daniel understood the gravity of the situation and diverted everyone's attention to the ongoing game. We stayed up until wee hours of the morning, and when everyone finally got tired and our bodies begged us to sleep, we all decided to call it a night.

I had offered my bedroom for Daniel to sleep, but he decided against it and left to go back to his home. Mom and dad went to theirs. I didn't want to enter Aaron's bedroom, but what choice did I have? So, I decided to delay it as much as I could.

I made an excuse for cleaning up a little before going to bed. I was about fifteen minutes into it when Aaron came out of the bedroom and silently walked to his study. He had been avoiding me since he came home. No complains there, though. Whatever happened or, rather, almost happened was something neither of us wanted to talk about. He shut the door of his study, and I realised that he too didn't want to make it any more awkward than it already was. So, I had finally called it a night.

We hadn't crossed paths since this morning, until now.

"We should get going," dad said.

"I'll drop you to the airport and then go home," Daniel shrugged.

"Stay here for some time if you want. I can go drop them instead, "Aaron told him.

"Nah, I just came back yesterday morning. Need to sort some stuff at home before I leave next week, "Dan told him.

"Next week? You're going back to Italy?" mom asked, and Daniel shrugged in reply.

"You'll be there for the annual function, right?" Aaron asked.

"Yeah, flying the day after that," he answered.

Just then, Aaron's phone rang, and he excused himself.

"What's been keeping you in Italy, Daniel?" I asked jokingly.

"I am opening a new hotel plus restaurant under our franchise in Italy. It has been a hassle going back and forth to check the location and now the setup," Daniel smiled.

"So, it has been just business?" I asked him suggestively.

"Well, both business and pleasure," he winked.