The Old Friend

Amy

"Luke?! Oh my god, Luke!" I squealed when I recover from my shock.

He was as shocked to see me there as I was. He was still watching me open mouth as if he couldn't believe his eyes. Of course, he couldn't. It had been ages since we had met. I wouldn't have believed it myself if I was him. I couldn't control myself anymore and I ran to hug him. Oh my god, this is the best day ever!

"Oh my god! Amy, it really is you." He hugged me back as he finally got over his shock.

"Of course, it is me. Your one and only Amy." I hugged him tighter.

"I almost thought I was hallucinating. It has been so long, girl." He hugged me tighter almost making me breathless.

"Yes, it has. Where have you been all this time?" I asked finally letting him go.

"I went to university and then-"

"I think you both are forgetting where you are", Aaron cut him off bringing us back to reality and suddenly we realized we were still in the CEO's office. Oh no. Luke and I looked at each other like to say "Uh-oh".

"Sorry, Aar-Mr. Kingston", I said guiltily.

"Sorry, sir", Luke said almost scared he will be fired.

"I didn't think you both are so unprofessional to act like this in front of your boss", Aaron said with his eyebrows raised in question.

"Sorry, Mr. Kingston, it is just we are meeting after so many years." I said.

"Seven and half to be precise." Luke said.

"Aww, Luke. That's so sweet of you to count and remember." I said with delight.

"Of course, I do. I can never forget my little Amy."

"When will you stop calling me little? I am not little." I complained with a pout.

"You are. Look at you. You are so little compared to me." He even dared to draw an invisible line from his shoulder to mine.

"You meet me after almost eight years, and the first thing you do is make fun of my height? That's mean", I got fake angry.

"Stop your drama, little girl," Luke laughed.

Aaron faked coughed, bringing us back.

We did it again, didn't we? We zoned out on him twice in the last ten minutes. Well, that is normal when you meet old friends. We just gave him a guilty expression as he looked at us with narrowed eyes.

"Uh..I..I am here..here with the document from HR for the new hire." Luke said finally breaking the silence.

"Go ahead, Amelia. Sign it so we can all get back to work." Aaron said looking between both of us.

"Oh my gosh, you are the new hire? You are gonna work here with me?" Luke asked me.

"Yeah, didn't you check the name on the document?" I asked confused.

"Oh, I was just delivering it. I didn't print it and I am not nosy like some people", he smirked.

"It is not being nosy. It is being curious." I glared at him as I took the file from his hand and walked to Aaron's desk.

"May I borrow a pen?" I asked Aaron.

He nodded and gave me a pen from his pen-stand.

I looked at the pen and back to him. Did he remember that this was the pen I had gifted to him on the first Thanksgiving after we became friends? The look on his face said that he probably didn't. He was just looking at me expressionlessly.