The Best Birthday Ever

Amy

"You did what?!" Luke shouted making people turn their heads in our direction, "Amy, are you mad? You slept on the floor? Do you know how cold it was last night? There was a thunderstorm. You could have-"

"Luke..." I squeezed his hand and signalled make him look around. Everyone in the lunchroom were giving us weird glances. We gave them apologetic smiles and I ushered him to a corner.

"Luke, let me complete. I did sleep on the floor but, then I guess sometime in the middle of the night, Aaron shifted me to the bed", I told him with a light shrug.

"Good, at least he is not insane like you", he said glaring at me.

I scoffed and asked, "Really? He is not insane? You do realise that we are here discussing all of this because of his initial insanity, right?"

"Yes, but at least he knows when you need to-"

"That's not the point here. The thing is that when I woke up today morning, I yelled at him and taunted him for putting me on the bed-"

"For which I totally support him", Luke cut me off making me give him a pointed look.

"Sorry, continue", he said rolling his eyes.

"So, then I argued with him, told him that I hoped he was happy to win the bet and I went for a shower. But, after breakfast this man came in and said that he is there for delivering a couch which Aaron had already ordered yesterday and the delivery was late due to a manufacturing issue. Also, now that you told me there was thunderstorm last night, I understand why he put me on bed", I told him wincing slightly.

"So, basically, you blamed him for nothing?" Luke gave me a smug look.

"Yes."

"And now you are sorry?"

"Yes."

"And you want me to tell you what to do?"

"Yes."

"You want to apologize to him?"

"Yes."

"You still love him?"

"Y-What?!" My head snapped at him so fast, I think I would have had a whiplash.

Luke laughed, "You were on a roll. I thought I'd try."

"You think this is funny?" I rolled my eyes at him.

"Well, it is slightly", Luke shrugged.

"There is nothing like that, okay? We don't even talk to each other like we used to anymore. We just act cordial with each other so that it doesn't get unbearable", I told him with a frown.

Luke just smiled at me and nodded. There was something in his eye though that didn't settle well with me.

"Can we get to the problem at hand?" I asked him with pleading eyes.

"What problem? You know you are sorry. You know you want to apologise. Then, go do it", Luke shrugged.

"Luke... you don't get it. It is not that easy. If we were the old Aaron and Amy, I would have gone and said it a long time ago. But, things have changed now", I said with a groan.

"What has changed? You are still the same Amy and you made a mistake. Owe up to it", Luke said with a look of confusion.

"Luke? He is not the same old Aaron who would just say a 'It's okay' and we would be over it. He has changed. I don't know how he will react. Besides, he too has done a lot of wrong stuff since our marriage but, he has never said sorry to me. Not once. Why should I then?"