The Womanizer

Amy

"Aaron, I don't care. If you are going back to work, I am going back too." I said angrily.

It has been three days since our family lunch. Aaron acted so well the whole time, just like the times before our wedding. He was this teasing, sweet, kind and caring man giving me little pecks on the cheek that left those tingling and gittery feelings. The perfect husband. If I didn't know the truth, I swear I would have fallen in love with him all over again.

Today is Monday morning and Aaron told me an hour ago that he is resuming to go to office from today. I have been trying to convince him since then that he needs to let me go back to work too.

"For the nth time, Amelia, no", he said drinking his coffee.

"You can not decide for me. You know I love my job." He is being insanely difficult right now.

"Which job, Amelia? You are no longer employed at Wellington's?"

What? How? When? Why? Of course, the reason for all my problems. Aaron Kingston.

"What the fuck did you do this time?" I am so fucking angry right now. I loved my job at Wellington's.

"Nothing at all actually. Just my word was enough", he said putting on his shoes.

"You are lying. That's not possible. They would never kick me out and they need a resignation letter signed by me if it is otherwise. One that I never signed," I argued as I narrowed my eyes at him.

"Not if their boss says so." He rolled his eyes and continued when I looked at him confused. "I bought out Wellington's two days before our wedding. You need to watch news more often, woman."

"How is it even possible? I don't believe it. I watch enough news."

"Wellington's was loosing all their customers to Kingston Designs anyways. I offered Christian Wellington a high price for the remaining contracts covering all his incurred losses so far. He readily sold it without a second thought," he said with a shrug and rolling his eyes said, "And don't get me started on how much news you watch."

"Chris sold the company to you without a word? Did he not care about any of his employees? He did not even try to negotiate for our jobs? Did he not care at all? Wait! don't answer that. I know he didn't care about anything but himself and his comfort. That selfish man!" I shook my head.

What will happen to Stephan from the reception. He had a family to look after. What about Stacy from finance. Her mom has cancer. Oh God! Damn you, Christian Wellington!

"All you CEOs, what do you think of yourselves? Why do you all have to be such selfish bastards? Can't you think about anyone but yourselves? What had the employees done to you, Aaron? They were good at their work. It was Chris who didn't know how to run the company!", I yelled at Aaron, feeling frustrated.

"None of the employees loose their jobs. If they do their work well and cross the benchmark at the assessment after six months, they can continue working after that too. Until they keep up that good work, that is." He grabbed his coat and laptop bag and walked to the main door.

"Really? Why would you do that?" I asked skeptically.

"I told you I do my research well before taking any step. I know they are good at what they do. We don't fire people for no reason at all at Kingston Designs. I guess some of us CEOs are not selfish bastards", he turned to leave.

"So, you just kicked me out then?" What does he want from me?

"Yup, you are not working anymore. Not at Wellington's. Not anywhere else."