The Hospital

Aaron

"Mel!" I shouted as I saw the sight before me.

There she was, lying in the bathtub with water overflowing. She was completely unconscious and was still wearing her clothes from before. I realized that she was drowning in the bathtub. The bathtub was huge, almost like a jacuzzi, and Amy was short girl so it wasn't impossible.

"Oh no. No, no, no." I yelled as I rushed to switch the tap off. I made sure I wasn't rushing so fast that I would slip. Not for me, but for her sake. I lifted her out of the water and laid her on the bed.

"Fuck. Shit. No, no. Amy? Mel? Wake up. Wake up, Mel, please. Please, wake up." I was continuously tapping on her face to wake her up. I checked her heartbeats which were really faint and her breathing was slow too. Oh god, please not this.

I realized that she might have consumed a lot of water. So, I shifted her to the floor and tried to give her a CPR.

"Mel, please wake up. Mel, can you hear me?" I asked, pressing her chest.

Oh no. This isn't working. What should I do? Should I go to the hospital? Yes, hospital. Hospital.

I picked Mel bridal style and rushed to the door. I placed her in the car and fastened her seat belt. I got on the other side and called Dan. I held Mel's hand.

"Wake up, Mel. Wake up. Open your eyes." I kept murmuring as I drove.

"What is it, bro? Have you seen the ti-" Daniel finally picked up after a few attempts.

"Dan, where are you?" I cut him off eagerly.

"What? I am home. What's wrong?" he asked completely alert now.

"Dan, it is Mel. I found her in the bathtub, drowning. I need you to rush to the J.K. City Hospital right now and make sure everything is ready for her when we reach. I am reaching in ten." I said rubbing Mel's hand. "Hang in there, darling." I murmured.

"Drowning?" Daniel yelled.

"I will talk later, Dan. Rush." I yelled back and hanged up.

I called Peter next.

"Boss?" he picked up in one go.

"Peter, go to my home and make sure the girl in there, leaves as soon as she wakes up. Lock the house and keep the keys with you." I instructed as I looked at Mel and then the road and then pressed on the gas.

"Got it, boss." I hanged up.

Please, help me, God. Forget me. Help her, she needs it.

"Stay strong, Mel. We are almost there." I said as a tear rolled down me cheek as my heart clenched looking at her.

We reached the hospital in another five minutes. The nurses were already out near the door with Daniel as helped me to take Mel in as soon as I got out of the car.

The nurse asked me a few questions about her name, age and other things as they took her in.

"Lastly, Mr. Kingston, umm...this may sound weird, but considering the situation, umm.. could it..could it be a chance of an.. an attempt to... to suicide?"

That hit me like a punch in the gut and knocked the breath out of me.

Suicide? Mel tried to commit a suicide? Attempt to suicide?

"You will loose me forever."

"I...I...I do..don't know", I said honestly and gulped. I took a shaky breath.