𝐒𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧: 𝐈

Joseph

Joseph

Friday, December 4, 2002

Morning

My physique was sculpted perfectly, my hair was done to perfection, and my suit was spotless.

"You look nice, as usual." My boyfriend stated readjusting his tie. He was always such a peculiar sight. His shaved head and always shaven face. Nothing was ever out of place, not even his tie.

"You ready to go?" He asked as I gave myself one last check in the mirror.

"Yeah let's go"

The weather was frigid, and the bleak sky complemented the snow-covered trees and roadways. Our neighbors smiled, waving at us. I was never the biggest fan of them, but I waved back anyway, mustering up the fakest smile I could.

...

The traffic was mid compared to other days, and the beeping and sounds of muffled sirens filled my ears. Living in New York came with its advantages and disadvantages but I'd gotten used to it, the sounds of the city were like comfort for me. From the corner of my eye, I caught him glancing at me. This was something he always did to fill the silence that I personally loved.

"What? Sebastian"

He looked back at the road, glancing at his watch. "What are you thinking right now?"

I'm thinking about work, the skyscrapers that tower over me, and how much time I'm wasting in traffic.

"The patient," I flatly responded.

He glared at me, tapping away at the wheel. "What's she or he like?"

This question thing isn't really clicking for me. "Not allowed to say, love." He opened his mouth to respond, but I put my finger up, dialing the front desk.

"Hey, it's me, Joseph. I might be a little late."

"Everything okay?"

I glanced at the red light. "Yes, only traffic; please inform my patient that this will not be charged."

"Yes, Mr. Ramirez," she replied, hanging up. My focus was instantly drawn to my emails.

"I'm trying, Joseph, I really am"

Everything outside the car was more interesting than his attempts at conversation. He leaned in to kiss me and I immediately dodged it, going for my suitcase.

"We'll talk tonight, Sebastian."

As I shut the door, the wind blew briskly, making me shudder a little. Maybe a suit wasn't the best option. Making my way to the glass door, I opened it. My chilly body almost immediately warmed one of my favorite things about this building I loved. Other than my patients, of course.