𝐒𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧: 𝐋𝐈𝐕

Joseph

Joseph

Monday, December 28, 2002

Night

He handed me a burner phone, and I immediately called Lance's number, trembling with the gun in my hand. The ringing gave me anxiety, and soon enough. The voice connected to the man I wanted so badly answered.

"Joseph? Baby?" He quivered, breaking my heart completely. "Where are you? Just tell me."

I was crying with him at this point, and Alex just stared. "Lance, I did something terrible..."

"Baby, it doesn't matter, okay? Just comeback to me! Let me talk to him! Does he want money?"

More tears rushed down my face and I gripped the phone, sniffling. "Lance, I killed someone... Hurt someone!" Wiping my face with the gun, I looked at Alex. "I don't deserve you or my family anymore..."

"Baby! It wasn't you! I know it wasn't you. You couldn't even hurt a fly when we were kids! Whatever he's put you through, we will get through it, okay?"

Staring at the pistol. I knew today would be the last time he saw me. The day his best friend, his fiancée ended himself. "I love you, okay? You have been the best thing in my life since I was a child, but-"

"Jose! Jose! Listen to me!" He choked interrupting me.

Alex tried getting near me, but I quickly raised the gun to my head. "Sexy... Don't! Put the gun down!"

I shook my head, sobbing. "Maybe, It's better if I go? Then I can't hurt anyone else..."

"Jose! Baby! Don't fucking do it! PLEASE!" Lance sobbed in my ear. "I love you! Think about our wedding! Our future together! How your parents would feel!" The thought of all of it put doubt in my head, but my actions couldn't let me. This is what I deserved.

"He was an innocent man, Lance..." "he tried to save me and I said no cause I was afraid..."

"Sexy! It was my fault, okay?" Alex blurted out. "I hit you! Abused you! It wasn't your fault! Just put the gun down."

"No, it was my fault! I- I killed someone..." Closing my eyes, I thought about everything. Every moment of my life flashed from one scene to another. The breath I took and the spit I swallowed, was going to be my last. "And now, I'm going to do the right thing..."

"BABY! DO YOU REMEMBER OUR PROMISE?" Lance rushed.

"Yes..." I whimpered, moving my finger from the handle.