𝐒𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧: 𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈

Joseph

Joseph

Wednesday, December 9, 2002

Night

The house had a different feeling after yesterday's argument. Every attempt he made to talk to me, I shot down. Hurt was the only thing I felt after that. But he kept begging and begging and I eventually agreed to sit down and talk to him.

"Baby, I wanna apologize for the other night. I shouldn't have been drinking and said some things I didn't mean, but I will make it up to you, I promise."

My thoughts were solely focused on Alex and his tattoos. The way he made me feel was something I wasn't used to. I didn't know what to say at that moment. He just took over everything.

"Baby? Hello?" He said waving in my face.

Snapping out of my daze, I rubbed my eyes. "I'm here, sorry..."

"Joseph, I'm trying and I know all I've done is upset you for the past few days, but I am."

"Sebastian, I think I wanna break up..."

There was silence before he spoke up with more confidence. "We can make this work Joseph just—"

I cut him off, thinking back to Alex. "It's won't and it hasn't for a long time, I'm tired of trying..." There was a bitter taste as the words flowed out of my mouth, "I wanna move on and be with someone who appreciates me..."

"So you're saying you met someone else? Is that it?" His eyes were tearing up and that familiar hurt voice struck a chord in me.

"He makes me feel special... and look at the bright side!" my voice was cracking and stumbling as I tried my best to make him happy. Like I always did. "You get to be with anyone you want now! You aren't tied to me anymore..."

"I want you though! Just give me another chance Joseph, we can get married! Have a baby. Whatever you like! Just don't leave me. I need you."

"I'm not gonna force you to want what I want Sebastian, and you don't need me."

His voice was full of rage, something I hadn't seen from him in a while... "YES, I DO! You keep me grounded, you helped with my drinking problem when everyone else left me!"

"Then why did you cheat Sebastian? If I'm this important to you, why did you cheat?"

His eyes stayed on mine. "I don't know."

"That's it? You don't have a fucking reason?"

"No! Joseph, I don't! but I do know I love you." He pecked my lips, laying his forehead on mine. "And I know you love me."

My love for him is what carries this relationship. If it wasn't for me, he would be an alcoholic and even though that's all he could come up with, I helped him with cleaning his image.