𝐒𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧: 𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈

Joseph

Joseph

Monday, December 14, 2002

Night

Thinking was all I was doing as I scanned my card, unlocking the room. It smelt like air freshener and everything was clean and put together. There were two beds and a flat-screen TV. The room cost a lot and I could see why. Everything was high end and the view from the balcony was stunning. Better than being in that house of memories.

My phone took me out the moment and Lance's name popped up. Being able to think was my main priority coming here, but after how upset I was this morning, he deserved an apology. I answered the calling, taking a breath.

"I'm sorry about this morning. I just needed time alone, time to think."

"Because you think I'm gonna do the same? Right?" He was right, and I didn't know how to answer. "Joseph, have I ever betrayed you?"

"No, but—"

"Then stop boxing me in with them. I'm here to stay and I'll do whatever I can to prove that." "Joseph I love you."

"I love you too Lance, I just need to think, okay?"

Before he could get a word out, I hung up, throwing the phone on the bed. The air was cool as I stepped onto the balcony, every car light and lit window made me smile; the sun was setting, and the red and purple horizon was stunning; however, Alex popped into my mind. The fact that I let myself be taken advantage of like that just made my stomach twist. I should have listened to my parents...

A knock on the door took me out the moment, and Alex's name popped on my phone. Making my way to the door, I looked through the peephole. A man in a white apron had a bouquet of roses with a basket of cookies. Opening the door in confusion, I looked at him. "Yes?"

He forced a huge smile. "Joseph Ramirez right?"

"Yeah..."

He handed me the basket, taking a note out of his pocket, clearing his throat. "My love. My best friend. My crush. I know you're hurt, but I will never leave your side. You are the only guy that I could ever have eyes for, the only guy I could see raising my children. I love you more than words can ever tell." his eyes went to the bottom of the note. "Sincerely your love, Lance."

I rubbed my eyes, trying not to cry. A smile grew on my face, but so did the fear in my head. The fear of all of this meaning nothing. That it'd all die out once he found someone better. When he eventually cheated on me... I set the basket on the floor, closing my door. "Is he here?"

"Yes, sir!"

"Show me."

He looked at me in fear, clearing his throat. "Follow me, sir."

We walked through the hallway and into the elevator. Pretty sure he could feel how upset I was, so he sat quietly with his hands behind his back, avoiding any kind of eye contact. The elevator dinged, and I followed him out. We went through the lobby to the pool area and Lance had a speedo on diving into the pool.