𝐒𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧: 𝐕𝐈

Joseph

Joseph

Tuesday, December 8, 2002

Night

Getting it together was hard, but I did, putting on the fakest voice I could. There was still that raw, unfiltered part of my voice that I couldn't get rid of. Crying always messed with my brain. Just like back in my office, there was no way to put a mask on it. My real emotions always seeped through.

"Hey Alex, how are you?"

"Everything cool?"

He's definitely very observant..."I'm fine, just other stuff," I sighed.

"You wanna talk about it?"

"Alex! I'm YOUR therapist, not the other way around," I chuckled, laying on my back. Staring up at the ceiling, my mind rummaged through every drawer, trying to figure out why I was even smiling at all.

"Well, as MY therapist, I wanna know what's wrong..."

He's such a hassle. "I don't have time to challenge you, Alex. "

I could feel the smile on his face as he laughed. "Joseph, you seriously are beautiful, you know that?"

"Alex... What I said earlier was a mistake... I shouldn't have said it."

"So you don't think I'm beautiful?" He said with some hurt in his voice.

"No! ugh... Alex, I just can't say it..."

"What if I said I like you, Joseph? What would your response be?"

A smile formed on my face, but the realization hit and it went away. "I would say, I'm YOUR therapist Alex and I'm in a relationship..."

He chuckled, playing with something in the background. Probably his ring..."I thought you would say that..."

There was a ring at the doorbell and some talking. "I have to go!"

I hung up getting off the bed. "Joseph! You better be ready!" Sarah yelled from downstairs.

My nerves went high as I looked around my closet. All I have are suits and t-shirts and sweats...

"Time's up! I'm coming up!" she yelled, walking up the stairs. She opened the door, sighing. "You're still in your work clothes..."

"I don't know what to wear..."

She took my blazer off and unbuttoned my dress shirt. "There we go! Sexy! Now, let's go!" She rushed, taking my hand.

I almost tripped down the stairs as she rushed me out of the house.  Pete stared at me as I got in the backseat. "Who's Bachelor? Did you steal?"

"Sebastian's, now drive!" She growled.

He chuckled, pulling out of the driveway.

...