𝐒𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧: 𝐗𝐋𝐈

Joseph

Joseph

Wednesday, December 23, 2002

Morning

It was early and the police station was sprawling with officers. Lance understandably was angry and wouldn't speak to me the whole ride here. But now Jack had to deal with his mouth.

"I want the strongest fucking thing against him!" Lance yelled.

Jack looked at me for help and a tiny squeak left my mouth. "Baby-"

"No!" he shouted, startling me. "I let you handle it once, and you almost got drugged!"

"Look, we have enough evidence to put him in jail, but we don't know where he is..." Jack sighed.

"FIND THE FUCKER, OR I'LL SUE THIS WHOLE FUCKING OFFICE."

"Lance, baby..." I mumbled, rubbing his arm. I turned to Jack. "Can we come back tomorrow?"

"You have my number, right?"

"Yeah, I'll call you if anything happens." He nodded, and we walked through the semi-empty office and out the door. Tense was the mood as I got in the car. "Lance, calm down. I'm not hurt..."

"Are you fucking serious, Joseph?" "You could have been drugged! And if I hadn't called the police-" he choked, holding back tears.

He was going to cry, and that made the situation worse. I tried touching his hand, but he flinched away, turning the car on. "Baby, I'm sorry..."

His eyes were focused on the road, and he wiped his face of tears. "This is the second time I let you leave and almost lost you." "Why don't you listen to me, Joseph?"

"Lance, I was protecting you!"

"IT DOESN'T MATTER, I TOLD YOU TO STAY WITH ME! I ALMOST LOST YOU!"

"Lance you won't!" I squeezed his hand, kissing it. "We're gonna go home and you're gonna give me a tour of the house..."

"No. We're going to the hotel."

"Lance-"

"Don't Joseph. Just listen to me."

The rest of the ride was quiet. I tried comforting him, but he just shrugged me off. A part of me felt bad. I went there to protect him but only ended up making him more upset. We arrived at the hotel and he waited for me to get out before stepping out of the car.

"Lance..."

"Stop! Joseph." He snapped as we made our way to the glass door. I walked in, going up to the front desk lady. I opened my mouth to say something, but he quickly interrupted me. "The penthouse suite for 2 days"

...

When we got to the top floor, and the room was enormous. The windows were massive, and the bed was in the center of the room. It was lovely, as was the large balcony with a view of the city. He walked right up to the balcony, and so did I. The view was breathtaking. The sheer scale of it all was mind-boggling, and the cars honking from below reminded me of my job.