𝐒𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧: 𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈

Joseph

Joseph

Tuesday, December 15, 2002

Night

The tension in the room was high as I stared at him. "What are you doing here?"

"I'm your brother's date, and I wanted to talk to you..."

My anger was there, but I wasn't gonna let it ruin my moment. "Alex, I'm asking nicely for you to leave..."

Rubbing his curly hair, he laughed. "You think I believe that shit you said out there? Kissing him and shit? You think that fools me?"

"Alex, he's my fiancé. I love him," "I'm only letting you get your words out right now, cause I want you to leave me and my brother alone." He went for my hand, but I quickly jolted away. "Neither you nor my brother are gonna ruin my relationship." I went for the door, but he quickly blocked it.

"I miss you, Joseph! I'm sorry for what I did. I fucked up, I know! But we can get through this."

"Alex, I forgive you, I do, but I've moved on and so should you."

"So some rich dickhead swoops in when you're hurt and you just throw me away? After you promised You'd never leave me?"

"You cheated Alex, you screwed that up yourself. I'm willing to work on your mental health and suggest you to another therapist, but I can't do this, okay?"

I tried moving him out of the way, but he gently pushed me back, staring at me with these puppy dog eyes I'd never seen. "I'm tired of going through fucking therapists. I want you, Joseph. He's just gonna fucking bore you," "I saw it in your eyes how happy you were with me..."

"I was happy with you until you did what you did, Alex! You fucked it up yourself!"

His face twisted to a scowl, and his eyes were bigger and brighter than before. "Yes, I fucked up! But why does that fucking matter? You know how much you mean to me! You know what we talked about that day!" His voice was a sob at this point and a part of me felt bad... "And you're leaving me, Joseph! Just like my mother did! I love you! Just let me make it up to you... Please!"

I wanted to comfort him like that night. See his smile. But I couldn't bring myself to do it... I couldn't do that to Lance. "Alex, I can't do this, okay? I'm sorry, but I've moved on."

I tried moving past him, but he quickly pushed me back, quivering with anger. "You think I give a fuck? Joseph, I know people and know if I want something, I'll fucking get it. You understand me?" He looked down at my ring in disgust. "What I said in the hospital was the truth. I'll kill for you, Joseph."

He stared at me with such coldness and distance that my stomach turned, and my fear grew. "You're not like that. Just promise me, you'll stay out of trouble." I stressed, caressing his cheek staring into his big ocean eyes. He placed his hand over mine and he leaned closer. Our lips were only inches apart. He got even closer, and I instinctively jerked away. "Stop! Just leave... Please!"