𝐒𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧: 𝐗𝐈𝐕

Joseph

Joseph

Friday, December 11, 2002

Morning

The police station was sprawling with people, and I just sat on the bench trying to wrap my head around everything that had happened. "Joseph?" A voice called out. My eyes traveled to a man in a jean jacket. I looked up at his face and it only made how I was feeling worse.

"Sebastian?"

He wrapped his arms around me, holding on like his life depended on it. "Are you hurt? Who's blood is this?" he rambled, looking around my neck.

"I'm fine, one of my patients shot himself..."

He opened his mouth to say something before a guy kissed his cheek, staring me down. He was a shorter guy with brunette hair and glasses. "Hey, babe, who's this?"

"Just a friend of his. I'm Joseph, by the way," I greeted, shaking his hand.

"Luke."

There was an awkward silence between all of us before an officer shouted my name. "Have to go... nice meeting you though..."

He waved goodbye while Sebastian just stared at me. Seeing him with another guy made me feel worse, but I chose that outcome. Have to live with it... The officer led me to his desk, pulling up a chair for me. "So what happened?" he sighed, taking out a paper.

I tried focusing on his ginger hair and goatee to calm myself, but it didn't work. "He said he saw something he shouldn't have..." Everything played back in my head like a record player. "Then somebody called him. I think they threatened his family..."

The officer took everything down and then glanced at me. "Is there a reason he told you all of this?"

Thinking back was hard. His body just clouded my mind. "I don't know... He mostly talked about his family issues and him leaving his old life behind..."

He groaned, writing everything down. "We recollected his phone messages and your name was brought up multiple times." He pulled out another paper, reading off it. "He texted a friend, Rachel, about you being his last hope and that he was scared for you..."

"Scared for me?" Why would he be scared for me?

"Based on everything we've recovered and your statement, it seems that somebody has it out for you." He took out a sticky note writing something down. "Here's my personal number. We'll have someone moderating your home and my name is Jack by the way." he clarified with a small smile.

I covered my eyes, trying to calm down. Alex, Lance, my family, and now a dead patient and some stalker? "Hey! We won't let anything happen to you..." he assured, rubbing my arm. The touch felt nice, but it couldn't help the image of his dead body in my head.