𝐅𝐈𝐍𝐀𝐋 𝐒𝐄𝐒𝐒𝐈𝐎𝐍

Joseph

Joseph

Monday, February 2, 2023

Afternoon

"So, 21 years later were finally telling you the story..." Both of them stared at me in disbelief. The silence of the house was loud, and I looked around awkwardly. "You guys wanted to know..."

"Dad. You are badass..." My daughter gasped, moving her blonde hair out of her face.

"Seriously!" my son protested, dangling his feet off the side of the kitchen counter. I just laughed, pulling them both into a hug. "No, but she's right dad. You are a badass..."

"No wonder I'm his favorite..." my daughter mumbled under her breath.

My son jolted out of my arms, crossing his arms. His handsome face and brunette hair mixed with his grey eyes just made me smile. He looked like me but with a small amount of my mother, gladly he didn't turn out like my shit brother, who they begged to meet every time I brought him up in the story. "Dad, tell her. I'm your favorite!"

My daughter smirked, twisting a strand of her long blonde hair around. Her beautiful rosy cheeks and bright smile I knew she'd inherit from her father just made me smile. She really was the female version of him, only with a smart mouth and snarky attitude. "I'm the oldest AND his first child, therefore I'm the favorite."

"You both are my favorites!" I laughed, only to turn my smile into a sly grin. "But your sister might be..."

"DAD!" My son yelled.

"I'm kidding! I love you both but son, if it makes you feel better. You are 100% your father's favorite."

"And how do you know that?" she snapped.

"Cause your father always sends me to deal with you." I clarified only for my husband to come around the corner staring at all of us. "Speak of the devil..."

He was even sexier than when we were younger. Encouraging him to keep the beard he'd developed while I was kidnapped, was probably the best thing I'd done. The way his sweatpants clung to his body and his still heavily defined chest were more than anything I could have asked for in a husband...

"What are you guys arguing about now?" he sighed, pecking my lips before going into the refrigerator.

"About who dad's favorite is!" my son said shooting her a mean glare.

He turned around with a soda in his hand. "Julian, you're my favorite, and Lilly, you are your Father's."

"Told you!" she snickered, only to move her father out of the way, going into the fridge. "Dad, to be honest. I look up to you now, both of you actually..."