𝐒𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧: 𝐗𝐗𝐈

Joseph

Joseph

Sunday, December 13, 2002

Night

The drive to my parent's house was enjoyable. He kept kissing my neck and making jokes. He was distracting, but it didn't bother me much. What really bothered me was the cool breeze that swept through the rips in my jeans as I stepped out of my car.

"It's cold..." I shivered.

He chuckled, wrapping his arm around my waist. "I can make you warm if you want..." he winked, bouncing his eyebrows up and down.

"You're such a perv!" I giggled.

The driveway was jam-packed with luxury cars and trucks. Familiar faces were standing around the front door and a doorman stood at the door, giving glasses of champagne. This was probably my favorite part of my life, my parents throwing these huge parties, seeing all my family members in one spot.

My uncle stared me down as we got closer to the door. "Joseph, you're still with him?"

"You still want your teeth?" Alex snapped.

I hit his shoulder, forcing a smile. "I'm sorry about him. We'll talk more in the house."

That one interaction made his grip on my hip even tighter. "Alex, look at me," He was upset. I could see it in his pretty eyes, but I wanted him to at least half enjoy himself. "I'm not leaving your side..."

"I know," he whispered, giving my lips a small kiss.

Music played in the background as we walked in. Everyone was chatting with champagne and some eating cake. Most I recognized as family while others seemed like new people.

His eyes went to the plates of cake. "Come on, let's go get a piece," I joked, guiding him to the kitchen.

My mother's eyes gleamed up as she noticed me. "Honey!" she screamed, speed walking as fast as she could in her heels, Hugging me. "I'm so happy you're here!"

Trying not to crush her small body, I chuckled. "I love you to mom."

I let her go and her eyes went straight to my outfit and neck. "I see you guys are still together."

Alex cleared his throat, letting me go. "Can we start over? The way I went about things was fucked last time." he looked at me with a grin. "I wanna make him happy. Straining his relationship with you guys isn't the way."