𝐒𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧: 𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈

Joseph

Joseph

Friday, December 11, 2002

Morning

Looking down at the city felt so much better than being at home. Sebastian not being there was strange and, to be honest, lonely. There was just too much silence and stillness. I mean, I bought the house with him in mind, so walking into a half-empty closet and bathroom just felt off. I miss him. But I have to keep moving forward. Think Positive...

A knock drew me away from the city below, and my attention was at the door. "Come in!"

Pete walked into the room with the biggest smile ever. "So, is there a reason you're ignoring me and Sarah?"

God... I didn't even notice them when I walked in. "I'm sorry, just been going through some family drama, and Alex..."

My eyes went to the Rolex, and Sebastian popped up. Thinking about him hurt. He was the man I wanted to settle with. The one I saw my everything with... Obviously, I was wrong.

"Maybe..." he trailed."Going to this new club with us will help?"

It would be nice to not stress for one second... "Uh, sure..."

His eyes twinkled as he danced around the room. "I got Joseph, to go!" he yelled, evoking a round of cheers from the rest of the office.

"I have work to do, go away!" I giggled, shooing him off.

"See you tonight!" he winked, holding the door open. My heart skipped a beat as the patient walked in. He had a busted lip and blood-red, swollen eye.

"Felix, what happened?"

He sat down in the chair, playing with his fingers, refusing to make eye contact with me. "Nothing..."

I sat up in my chair, writing everything I'm seeing down. "Anything you say stays in this office, you can talk to me..."

He gave me a brief glance before returning his gaze to the window. "I saw something that I shouldn't have." His lips trembled in pain, and tears streamed down his cheeks. "I don't wanna die..."

"You're not gonna die, I promise, but I can't help if you don't tell me... "

"I can't, they'll know..." he whimpered, tapping away at the seat.

"Who's they?"

"Some people I used to hang around..."

He said he was leaving his old life behind... Gang, maybe? "What did you see?"

"I caught two of them..."

There was a slight buzz, and his eyes widened in fear as he pulled the phone from his pocket. "Hello?" he quivered, glancing at me, then back at the window. "I didn't say anything... I swear..." I heard the voice for a split moment before his heavy breathing blocked it out. "I swear I haven't said anything!" the way he was gripping the phone and the sweat running down his beaten face genuinely scared me.

"What's happening?" I mouthed, only getting a small glance.

He started sobbing and his hand went to his back pocket. "I'll do it! Just don't hurt them!"

The fear in my chest shot up as he pulled out a pistol, aiming it at his head. "Felix... put that down..." I shuddered as he snapped the phone in half with his other hand.

"They'll hurt my family if I don't..." he sniffled, closing his eyes.

"Felix, I can help! I can! Just put it down, please..."

"I have to," he trembled, forcing it even harder onto his head.

"Felix, listen to me. We can go to the cops. They can help! Just put the gun down..." I begged, slowly walking towards him. Tears ran down his face as his hand tightened on the gun, getting up out of the chair. "Felix, please!"

A deafening shot rang out, and his corpse dropped to the ground. It felt like I was trapped in time, as I glanced at my blood-covered hands...

━ ★ ━

Favorite song by Katy Perry? Lemme know in the comments!

Hope you enjoyed the Chapter!

Sincerely, R.J

J