CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR

« HOW SHE LOVES HER »

JEONGYEON'S P.O.V

I was standing in front of the painting of my father, he was a powerful and wise leader and a loving father. I don't really know why he turn his back to us and fight me and Chaeyoung, his daughters.

He once told me that he fell in love with someone he can't be with because they're from different clans and it was against our culture and that his best friend also fell in love with the girl and because they're in the same clan, he got to marry her.

I was really shock when I found out that the girl he was talking about was Chaeyoung's mother. I mean, she's gorgeous and she can make the younger guys kneel down for her.

I put my hand on the pocket of my coat and took something out, I smile as I stare at the ruby that my father gave me and told me to give it to someone really special to me.

Speaking of that special someone of mine, Nayeon was ignoring me and avoiding me the whole day and I don't know why. I tried to talk to her but she always give me excuses to go away and the last time we talk was earlier in the morning.

It was raining really hard today. My mother has never been the same ever since my father died, she's always holding a piece of his clothes that he wore before he died and it worries me.

I went to the table not far from my bed and sat on the chair, I slowly grabbed the quill and dip the tip of it in the ink before writing letters in horizontal line in a piece of parchment.

I wrote everything that happened today and how the Sol clan was doing. After I wrote the last words, I put the quill down and looked at the parchment to check if every words written down is correct.

I rolled the paper as I grabbed a metal case of identical colouring embroidered in golden dragon imagery and put the scroll inside before turning the cap of the case to close it.

I stood up and walked to the shelves with scrolls that my great grandfather to my father wrote, I put the first scroll that I made to the very back so no one will find out what else I wrote.

After that, I went out my hut to find that certain girl to ask her why in the world is she avoiding me. I open my umbrella to cover myself from the rain and starts to walked around the island to look for her.

I walked and walked for half an hour and I can't still find her, I went to Chaeyoung's hut to ask her if she saw the girl since those two were always together.

I knocked on their door twice and wait for a while, the door was open by Mina who looks like she just woke up. “Sorry, did I wake you up?” She shakes her head and I know that I did really woke her up.

“I won't be too long but have you seen Nayeon? And...” I looked behind and didn't saw Chaeyoung inside, “Where's your wife?” I asked as I raised my left eyebrow in confusion.

“Tzuyu barged in earlier and dragged Chaeyoung out and I saw Nayeon talking to a guy if I wasn't wrong.” She replied which made me feel another sting in my heart.

“Is that so? Well then, I'll be going ahead. I'm sorry if I accidentally wake you up.” I said as I gave her a small bow before turning my back.

I let out a sigh and was about to walk away when Mina called my name, I faced her and was surprised when she walked to me. She place her hand on my shoulder and give it a squeeze.

“You've been through a lot, losing your father, was force to take over your clan even though you're still not ready and now, thinking you're about to lose Nayeon. Confess your feelings to her, You deserve to be happy.”