CHAPTER FORTY

« CLOSE »

OMNISCIENT

“AH! THAT HURTS!” Chaeyoung groaned after she was suddenly woken up by the high pitched cry of her daughter and fell off the bed.

She quickly push herself up, afraid that her wife will wake up since Mina haven't slept well because she mostly take care of Luna while Chaeyoung was doing her duty around the tribe.

Luna was already 8 months old, the small girl take care of her at night and play with her until she falls asleep and if her mother fell asleep, she would cry to wake her up, resulting the big dark circles under Chaeyoung's eyes.

Chaeyoung walked to Luna's crib and slowly carried her, rocking her to sleep and still half asleep. She yawned while walking out their hut, “Ahh... What's with you, waking us up in the middle of the night?” She whispered as she close the door behind her.

Luna giggle while gripping on Chaeyoung's shirt as soon as she saw a blurry image of the moon, “No, dada doesn't have any milk, Mama does but we can't wake her up or I'll die.” She said while rocking her daughter to sleep.

Chaeyoung arrived at the shore where she usually take Luna whenever she will wake them up, the small girl has learned that the moon always calm her daughter down, knowing that she's the heir and named after the moon, she already expected it.

Yeona also used to take Chaeyoung to the shore whenever the small girl will wake them up, her grandmother knew how much she loves looking at moon.

Chaeyoung stared at her daughter as her heart was filled with warmth and happiness again, Luna takes all their worries and tiredness away with just a simple of glimpse of her.

“You're as beautiful as your mother.” She smiled before she pressed her lips on Luna's forehead.

A few minutes had passed and Luna was already sleeping at the sound of her mother humming to a song while rocking her in her arms.

Chaeyoung stayed there for a couple of minutes to make sure that Luna is in her deep sleep before she walked back to their hut, only to see Mina wandering her hand around the bed, looking for her wife.

“Looking for me?” When Mina heard Chaeyoung's soft voice, she stopped and pretended to sleep which made the latter giggle while putting Luna back to her crib.

Chaeyoung walked to their bed and sat on the extra space beside Mina before pinching  her cheeks, “Same nightmare?” Mina slowly nod, still not opening her eyes.

The blurry images of people's faces and words that she couldn't understand clearly keeps showing in her dream, she would sometimes find herself in a dark place and falling into the ocean.

Mina slowly open her eyes and sit up to look at the small girl before she spoke, “Are you tired?” Chaeyoung nodded as she yawned, “No. Are you tired of me?” She asked again.

Chaeyoung thought about it for a sec before she nodded, “Am I draining you both physically and mentally?” The small girl giggle.

“That's why the word rest was invented, Mina. Stop with that kind of mindset, You're not draining me physically or mentally. If I get tired, let me take a rest for a sec and reflect why I fell in love with you in the first place.” Chaeyoung grabbed her hand.

“What if I lied to you?”

“I'll listen to the reason why you lied to me.”

“What if I did something that breaks your trust?”