CHAPTER THIRTEEN

« THE LAST ONE STANDING WINS »

OMNISCIENT

Sweat stung the eyes like tiny vipers, dripping down from a gore sprayed face. All around was nothing but a whirlwind of disorder and violence, a blur of color and vicious motion.

The parched, panting tongue collected the dust choked air which intermixed with the bitterness of iron. Deafening, blood pounded in the ears, drumming to a ferocious beat inside the helmet.

The sound was barely enough to obscure the cries of men, the screams of injured beasts, and the thunder of steel striking steel.

Pain from a dozen wounds barely registered, being drowned out by the heightened, throbbing ache from the shattered hand which hung trembling on the right side.

Above the lower scent of sweat was the acidic smell of all pervasive fear, carried aloft from clashing bodies that howled amidst a sea of scarlet liquid which drained from friend and foe alike, to soak a once vibrant field of yellow flowers.

Mina shakes her head as she remembers the story that her grandmother always tell her. It was actually brutal by the way but that's what Mina likes.

"Are you okay, Mina?" Momo asked as she sat next to the girl.

"Yeah, It's just... I can't hear anything that signal a war."

"Chaeyoung haven't give any signal yet. I'm pretty sure the Sol are just waiting for the girl's signal." Mina didn't respond because she's worried about the small girl.

"Don't you dare die, Son Chaeyoung. I'll kick your ass if you die."

"Anyways, are you hungry? Help me finish those foods."

Mina just nodded and follow the girl.

"Hey, Mina-ssi." Chaeyeon called tho they haven't meet yet. Mina faced her and awkwardly smile.

"You're Chaeyoung's wife, right? I'm Chaeyeon, Chaeyoung's bestfriend." Mina grabbed a glass of water and drink it.

"Yes, I am. Nice to meet you." Mina said calmly.

"Chaeyeon-ah!" Somi called, didn't notice that Mina is infront of them. "Chaeryeong is here." Mina choke on her drink, enough to catch their attentions.

"You okay, Mina-ssi?" Chaeyeon asked worriedly.

"Y-yeah..."

"First, Chaeyoung then Chaeyeon and now, Chaeryeong? Why the hell their name are so similar with each other? I hope I don't meet another one that has the almost pronounce name as that midget. Creepy... I feel like she's watching me everywhere."

"Are you a hunter of Chae?" Somi asked, pissing off the girl.

"The only Chae i want is my wife so shut the fuck up." Somi gritted her teeth in anger. "Chill, bro. Even you make Chaeyoung choose between the two us, she will definitely pick me. My beautiful face can attract anyone." Mina said as she flip her hair.

"I'm triple more beautiful than you. Anyone will kill someone just to touch me even a Chae girl." Somi fired back.

"Guess my wife is an exception then. Chaeyoung is too faithful to cheat on me by going back to the girl who sacrifice herself for that midget to act that she really care for her. How's your dream by the way? Is it happy ending?" Mina mocked.