CHAPTER THIRTY EIGHT

« HER »

SOMI'S P.O.V

“Somi, honey. Can we talk?” I furrowed my eyebrows and quickly discarded the vision I was staring for quite a long time now and my mom came in.

I stood up and gave her a small bow before sitting back down and look out the window, “What do you want to talk about, mother?” I asked, not glancing at her.

“About you... I have noticed that you turned down a lot of marriages offer. Somi, you need to have an heir for your throne and continue the legacy of Lux.” I looked at her then to my fingers I was fidgeting together.

“I will just have a guy to impregnate me.” I replied calmly, I don't want to carry a child if it wasn't with Chaeyoung but I need to.

I have devoted myself to her the moment I fell in love with her...

“Somi... Don't you think, it's time to let her go? Chaeyoung is happily married with her wife.” I looked at her and chuckled bitterly.

“How can I do that?” I looked at my hand, “How can you stop loving the person you love your whole life?” I lowly added as I felt myself tearing up again but quickly wipe it off.

“I know, it's hard but our clan needs a heir for the throne, someone like you.” I sighed.

“It's not like, it's the first time this happen.” I saw her eyes widen. “I looked through my grandmother's memories and found out why she's never married.” I scoffed.

“Somi...”

“She was inlove with Yeona, right? Chaeyoung's grandmother.” I didn't let her talk and bawled my hand into fist, “Why Lux can never be with Luna? Because different clans can't be together especially when they're both leaders of it.” I clicked my tongue.

I stands up and grabbed the frame with the sketch of Chaeyoung and me when we were young, “Now I know why grandma always told me to not fall in love with her. It will only cost me pain.” But I never listen to her...

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

OMNISCIENT

“The ritual will happen tomorrow. No buts.” Jiwoo sternly said as Chaeyoung sighed deeply before heading inside the room where Mina was.

Mina was already awake for an hour, she walked to her wife who was sitting on the bed while fidgeting her fingers, “Do you feel better now?” She softly asked.

The girl nodded in response before looking up at Chaeyoung, “I heard what you and your parents were talking about. I agree with it as well, maybe it's time for us to have a family, don't you think? We've been married for a year now.” Mina raised a brow.

“Mina, having a kid with you was my main goal in life,”

“What's stopping you?”

Chaeyoung kneeled down on one knee and held both of Mina's hand, “I'm afraid something will happen to you. The kid will continue the bloodline and you know, you were nothing like us. You're not Luna, Lux or Sol. I wouldn't forgive myself if I lose you.” She explained.

Mina think first before she sent the girl a smile and cup her face, caressing her cheeks with her thumb before her eyes showed anger and started squeezing her cheeks tightly that Chaeyoung was already groaning.

“Are you implying that I'm weak, you bastard?!” She gritted her teeth.

“I-i'm just worried about you, dumbass!” Chaeyoung replied before slapping her hands off her face. “I can't really be sweet to you, huh?” Mina rolled her eyes.