CHAPTER FIFTY TWO

« CLOSE TO THE END »

OMNISCIENT

A tall and gorgeous woman wearing an armor, she has a well built body, short black wavy hair and her eyes were emerald and her skin that odd bright color that occurs when fair skin has been burned and weathered by the sun.

Her name is, Cleo Hernandez.

“I'm worried that my daughter couldn't stand up on her own. I don't want her to keep relying on someone to protect and save her.” Worried was present in Somi's voices.

The wearing an armor gently grabbed Somi's hand and rubbed her thumb on it, her eyes were so reassuring that it somehow make the latter calm.

“She's your daughter, Somi.”

“Cleo, she's not strong enough yet.” Cleo let out a small laugh and leaned against the wall, still holding her hand.

“Soliel and Chaeyoung are just the same, rest assured that Luna will be there to protect her like you did to Chaeyoung. Being strong takes a lot of time.” Somi slowly pulled her hand away from Cleo when she remember how she and Jeongyeon protect Chaeyoung.

“Chaeyoung... she was so adorable whenever she's scared. I fully devoted myself to her from that moment.”

Somi looked at the moon that Chaeyoung and her love to watch every night, sitting on the branch of the tree while eating some fruits. That's how they hang out.

“Like how I devoted myself to you?” Cleo uttered out of nowhere which caught Somi's attention, “Why can't you choose me, Somi?” She added.

Somi just chuckled, “You know that Chaeyoung is engraved deep in my heart and my soul. I can't love someone the way I love her.”

“I know. I respect your relationship with her. The way you love her, protecting her and risking your life for her got me thinking, how does it feel like to be your girlfriend?”

“I-- I'm sorry...” Somi gulped the lump of her throat. “I can't return your feelings. I can never love you, Cleo.”

Cleo held her hands tightly, staring right through her soul before she spoke softly. “Once I'm back from my journey, I will make you fall in love with me.” She smiled then walking passed her, heading out.

“While she was protecting Chaeyoung, I was protecting her.”  Cleo thought.

❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦

CHAEYOUNG'S P.O.V

I bowed to the babaylan who were making their way out of the hut, I poured some water on the glass before placing it in front of Mina who was still in shock after seeing our daughter covered with wounds, blood and bruises.

I did the right thing. We can't always protect our daughter, she needs to stand on her own feet and protect the island even if the cost is her life.

I leaned down to my wife and planted a small kiss on her crown before I make my way to Luna's room, the door was wide open and the lantern was the only one keeping a light in her room.