Chapter 3

Rhythm.

It was dark outside. I'm sitting in the car along with my brother, Osman, travelling to the seashore to find where these men are right now. Something happened, something serious and my brother being completely loyal to my dad kept refusing to tell me. I don't know why my dad requested him not to tell me anything but me being me, I will find out who they are and why they attack my dad.

I glanced at my brother, who was driving the car, "Osman... I'm asking you again... Tell me," I stared at him, he sighed and glanced at me from the corner of his eyes.

"I told you, I promised dad and I'm not going to break it," he stated, keeping his eyes on the road and ignoring me again.

"Fine, I will ask those men then," I replied while folding my hands and looking away from him.

"No, you will not!" he spoke in a hard tone, "I agreed to go with you because I know you would go alone if I disagree... Do you want to beat them up? You can, but don't start your interrogation... don't get yourself involved in these matters, Rhythm," Osman warned.

I stared at him in confusion and curiosity, "Those men tried to kill dad, Osman! Do you seriously expect me to stay out of this?"

"Yes, these men are dangerous... let dad deal with them," He said,

"But Osman..." he cut me off,

"No buts Rhythm, I will take you back if you keep being stubborn," He said,

"Fine, I won't ask anything,"

"Good,"

***

The sound of waves and cool breeze, a night at the beach is something exciting, but the situation I was in and the reason why I'm here wasn't exciting. Osman was driving the car into the forest opposite the beach. It was completely dark. Our men had already found the place where these men were hiding and were in positions to attack.

Osman turned off the headlights as he slowed down the car, there was deadly silence around us. He stopped the car behind a tall tree, in darkness. My heart was pounding against my chest, as I slowly got out of the car. I tied my hair up into a ponytail and made my way towards the Osman.

"Lay low," Osman said in a low voice, I nodded my head and stayed behind him.

Osman and I, from childhood, had done everything together. Dad had taught me how to defend myself and Osman taught me how to beat the shit out of a person if necessary. In high school, if someone tried to bully me, Bhai (brother) used to encourage me to defend myself.

No one ever tried to mess with me, fearing Bhai, he always stood behind me, protecting me. I'm lucky to have someone like him, who always protected me and encouraged me to do what I wanted.

Osman signalled our men who had surrounded the warehouse, lying deep inside the forest. Men were carrying loads inside and looked quite busy. I don't know what's happening in here, who are these people and what are they doing but one thing I know was these men tried to kill my dad.

These men clearly look evil, whatever they are doing must be illegal otherwise no one would work in the middle of a forest, Hiding from authority. My dad must have come into their way and tried to stop, I know my dad, he's an honest and strict man with good morals. He would never allow any illegal business to happen in his town.

"What are those?" I whispered, staring at the loads they were carrying,

"Drugs," Osman replied,

"What!" I gasped and widened my eyes,

I pretty much figured out what had happened, but I wanted to know who the boss is, who's behind this.