Chapter 37

A form of awareness broke through the haze clouding his thoughts. Rhythm took advantage of the frail moment as she lifted up and, cautiously, laid her palm on his chest. His heart knocked heavily, his pulse drumming so hard the vibration ricocheted through her.

Rhythm took in the blood covering him and realize just how lost he was, how violent the feel of his hands on her can become, and a hollow space in her chest craved to pull him back from the brink.

As his gaze wavered, She push her hand along his taut bicep and down to his forearm, trying to ignore the coarse texture of dry blood, then She slip her hand beneath his palm on her breast, lacing our fingers together.

With cautious and deliberate movements, She held on to him.

"Let's go," She said, somehow controlling the tremble in her voice.

He stepped back, allowing her to slide off the table. She kept his fingers threaded between hers as She lead him through his study and into the hallway. There are at least three bathrooms from here to their room, and she guided them toward the closest one at the end of the hall.

Rhythm didn't turn on the light. She left them encased in near darkness, wary the brightness will trigger him. And honestly, she wasn't even sure what she was doing or why...but the ache cresting between her breastbone won't let her simply walk away from him in this state.

Releasing his hand for a moment, She opened the glass shower door and turned on the spray. Three modern shower heads sputtered on, and She slipped her hand into the downpour of rain to test the temperature as she stared at the veins in the marble.

When She turned around to face Humza, the glazed, faraway look in his eyes stuttered her breath. She approached him slowly, like a fawn nearing a wolf. There's not one section of his tux that blood hasn't touched. She started at the top button, working her way down the placket to open his shirt.

She has never undressed a man before. Her hands shook. her stomach pitched with a free-fall sensation. She was terrified of standing here before him but she was not sure he was even aware of her presence.

That's the only reason she was brave enough to work his pants clasp open and lower his zipper.

This isn't sexual, however, and she was bolstered with the reminder as She met the distant look in his eyes. With resolve firmly in place, She lifted onto her toes and pushed his shirt over his shoulders. The stained garment fell down his arms and landed on the tile floor, exposing Humza's skin and the leanly cut muscles of his arms and torso.

Heat snared a sticky web inside her chest as She pushed his pants down his legs. Absentmindedly, he helped her take off his shoes, and then he was standing before her in only his black boxer briefs.

Taking a fortifying breath, She removed her dress and stepped into the stall and, with only the light touch of her hand on his, he followed her inside the marble and glass encasement. Steam has already coated the glass and thickened the air around them as they stood under the warm rain of water.

Rhythm's gaze dropped to the white marble basin, where rusty red bloomed and puddled to swirl down the drain. Throat bruised, She swallowed past the ache as she reached for a bar of soap.

There are so many nevers attacking her nerves. She has never showered with a man. Never bathed him. Never stood before a man half naked, drenched, and terrified. Although they are still hidden behind undergarments, the act is so intimate, so sensual, as She lathered the soap along his forearm, a live current hummed in her blood.

Humza watched her hands move up his arm. She washed his shoulders, too aware of how his skin felt under her nails, the scrapes She placed there. The hesitation gave her a momentary pause before she dragged the soap down his chest.

Her fingers hovered over his pec, and then her gaze drifted up, to the thin scar that clefts his chin. Without thought, her hand glided to his face, to trace that curious scar...

And something awakened inside him. The haze began to clear, and his muscles tensed under her touch. He snatched her wrist as his dark gaze latched on to her.

Her heart careened against her rib cage, blood roaring in her ears.

The warning rang loudly in the small span of air between them, Her mind yelled at her to, run, before he strikes. Thunder rumbled in his chest, his eyes clouding over like a storm, as he grabbed hold of her arms and pressed her against the wall of marble.

The cold stung her skin, but she barely register it over the fire searing her everywhere his heated gaze settled. She held her breath, waiting for him to say something, anything, to release her from this unknown limbo and what was going to happen.

He remained intensely silent as his grip on her biceps loosen. Then, with the rough touch only a made man can deliver, he skimmed the back of his long fingers along the sensitive plane of her stomach.

A shiver racked her bones, a chill bump erupting over her flesh. His knuckles drag upward until his thumb edged the seam of her bra. She sank her teeth into her bottom lip at the feel of his tender yet harsh caress over her breast, and then his finger slipped beneath the strap and hooked it, dragging it off her shoulder.

He bared one breast, and her whole body ignited in flames.

Rhythm was standing amid a rainstorm, the torrential downpour plunging her body and soul to a base level of immorality and sinful temptation, and it's all because of how those dark eyes seared her skin.

Towering over her, Humza infused every molecule of air, making it impossible to take a breath not spiked with his heady scent of man and intoxicating cologne. He stood before her as a wall of a dominant force.

He pushed in closer, his mouth hovering over the pulse in her neck, like a vampire ready to bare his fangs. His leg slid between her thighs and rested at the sensitive juncture where her thighs connect, sending a throb straight to her clit.

Soapy water slid over his shoulders and dripped down on her. His hand cupped her breast, working in the lather over her taut nipple. Heat flared and crackled over her nerve endings, a deep ache blooming in her core, and She closed her eyes against the overwhelming torrent.

His other hand coasted from her waist to her lower back, where he slipped his fingers beneath the flimsy material of her thong.

A breath caught in the base of her throat as he towed the string aside. The low rumble from his throat vibrated against her, and she was falling too fast, a frenzy of carnal need sweeping through her body and decimating all logic.

She barely placed her hand on his abs before he released her breast and drove cruel fingers into her hair. Gripping the wet strands around his fist, he turned her around and shoved her chest against the unforgiving marble. He released her only to grasp her hands and plant her palms firmly on the wall, where he held her captive, her body falling in sync with his uneven breaths.

Then his hand was in her hair, pulling her head back to expose her neck as he sank his teeth into her shoulder, eliciting a throaty moan from her mouth.

"You gave yourself up so easily, Sweetheart?" 

Author's Note:- 

Hey guys, I need 250 votes, 100 comments and 10 followers for the next update. 

Do reach the target soon. 

Love you all, 

Take care.