Chapter 44

"What?" Rhythm tilted her head like she hadn't heard him correctly.

Humza turned to her, "I said, I'm coming with you,"

Anger poured off her, "No, You will not"

"This is not up for discussion, I'm coming with you," He deadpanned.

The temperature dropped to the iciness of his tone.

He moved near enough that she either had to remain and feel the heat of his body, or shift away to hold his gaze. It took her a moment to yield a step back but she finally did. She gritted her teeth and glared at him. She grabbed his clothes from the bed, packed them in her trolley bag along with her clothes and zipped it up.

Rhythm's anger had her cussing at him in her mind, with many questions in her head. She glanced at him and couldn't keep herself from asking him.

"Why do you want to come with me?" she asked, turning to him. She watched him push his hands into his pants pockets and stare at her.

"Don't you have any important business to deal with?" she added.

Humza didn't answer and just stared at her, which made Rhythm grow angrier. She gritted her teeth and spun on her heels walking out of the room.

***

"Have a safe ride," Farah said, hugging Rhythm.

Rhythm pulled back and smiled at her, "Take care of yourself and do have your dinner on time,"

Farah smiled back at her, "I will, don't worry,"

Rhythm turned to Amina who had a sad look on her face, "Don't be sad, I'll be back soon," Rhythm said hugging her.

"Don't forget to call," Amina said while hugging her back.

"Of course, I will," Rhythm replied.

Humza stood beside her, watching her quietly. His eyes followed her every move and he began to wonder why she never talked to him like the way she talked with the rest of his family. Every time she talks with them, she always has a smile and her eyes shine with happiness. He tried to remember a single moment of them where she smiled and talked to him like she does with his family and there was none.

And he wondered if she would ever smile at him.

The sound of footsteps reached his ears and looked in the direction of the sound and saw Hadi walking towards them. He noticed Hadi's eyes on Rhythm and something inside him twisted. He clenched his jaw and fisted his hands in anger as he approached Rhythm.

Rhythm turned to Hadi the moment he approached her and began to talk to him. Humza watched their exchange with his dark eyes fixed on the smile on Rhythm's lips. How dare she smile at him? Who gave her permission to smile at him?

Humza glared at Hadi, his eyes throwing daggers at him, he wanted to hurt him and make him pay for this. His eyes wanted blood and if Hadi wasn't his cousin he would have killed him by now.

Rhythm is his wife.

HUMZA GHAZALI'S WIFE!

How dare he make her smile!!

Humza noticed Hadi moving closer to Rhythm and was about to give her a side hug when Humza, without wasting a second, wrapped his arm around Rhythm's waist and pulled her to him harshly. Rhythm's body slammed against his body which had startled in surprise at his sudden action.

Humza's dark eyes meet Hadi's, and the threat and challenge behind those eyes are clear to read. Humza was ready to kill Hadi if he dared to touch his wife and his eyes had let Hadi know this. His fingers were digging into Rhythm's waist as he held her to him possesively and not allowing her to even move a muscle.

"We are leaving," He declared with his eyes still on Hadi.

Humza turned and opened the car door for Rhythm. She threw a glare at him and got inside the car without saying anything. He shut the door, walked around to the car and got inside.

"Drive," He barked at the driver.

The driver quickly drove the car off of the mansion.

**

Rhythm could feel the heavy atmosphere between them. She could still his harsh grip over her waist, his long fingers pressed against her bare skin and the warmth they radiated against her skin made her shiver. She was pretty sure he left his fingerprints on her skin.

The way he held her body against his, made her realize that it was a punishment. He punished her and she didn't even understand why. What did she do? Why did he punish her that way in front of Farah Ma, Amina and Hadi? What made him embarrass her in front of them by doing that? She remembered the way Farah quickly looked away when Humza pulled her like that and the way Amina lowered her head and tried to hide her smile. It was still flashing in front of her eyes and it pissed her off.

She glanced in his direction and noticed his jaw set, a frown on his face, his hands were fisted hard turning his knuckles white and a dangerous aura emitting from him. He was pissed off. Rhythm observed him and noticed that he had this look on his face which said that he wanted blood. She knew this expression, she knew it too well. The moment she read the look, she paled.

Her breathing quickened, and her heart began to beat rapidly against her ribcage. She tried to desperately remember what she did to make him so pissed off. She was at a loss. She doesn't understand why he's so angry but it scared her.

His anger has always scared her.

She wanted to talk and ask him why he was so pissed at her but she knew how he would react. So, she waited for him to relax. Once he's back to normal, she will definitely demand an answer for his rude behavior earlier.

The ride to her mother's place was quiet, tense and heavy. It was as if she was traveling with an angry predator and one wrong move could get her killed.

As they reached the mansion, Rhythm couldn't contain her excitement to meet her parents. She was dying to meet them since the day she last saw them. Her mom, dad, grandpa and grandma, her brother, she was so excited to see them. As the car drove towards the mansion, standing tall, surrounded by tall trees, huge black gates welcomed her.

Once the car drove inside, her eyes fell on her family, who were waiting for them at the main door. 

Author's Note:- 

Hey guys, Do leave your comments below and vote for the chapter. 

love you all for waiting for new chapters. 

You can go to my Social media to know more about the upcoming updates on this book. 

Instagram:- S.N_Nina_Arthur.

Facebook:- S.N Nina Arthur.