Chapter 4

2 days before,

2 days before,

Mumbai.

Gunnar.

"We have been trying to contact you for more than a year regarding this issue... it's not about money but this is more about collaboration and strengthening our business in the corporate sector,"

I had been sitting on the couch, at the poolside of my lavish mansion and listening to the politician's son. By his body language, I could clearly say he's nervous and his tone had that fear I crave for. I couldn't contain my smirk at the way his timid voice was addressing me.

I feel... Superior!

Every single one fears me and Blood Demons, be it a popular celebrity, politician,

I love it, the fear and respect, I had always wanted people to fear me. Being kind and a good person won't take you anywhere, life has taught me that hard way. My childhood had made me realize how cruel life is, being honest, kind and hardworking is considered weak.

Cruelty is what runs the world.

"We need your help in this, Gunnar," He said,

"And what do I gain in return?" I asked, leaning back.

"Whatever you ask...." He said and stared at me.

I pulled out a cigar and lit it up.

I have been receiving emails from him asking for a meeting but I kept ignoring those since his company and his father's position in politics are both weak but as my assistant told me, recently his company has picked up a major project worth tons of money and his father has some good acres of land in his name, I accepted his request.

I had been thinking of spreading my business out of Mumbai and I needed to find good land to start it.

I glanced at his father, who's sitting beside him and exhaled the smoke. Everyone knows I do things in exchange for something and they prepare themselves before coming to me. I had been doing this from the early days of my arrival in Mumbai. This city taught me nothing is free, we need to pay something to gain what we need.

Being a cruel underworld mafia don of the most powerful and dreadful organisations in the whole country, Blood Demons, to being a successful Corporate Businessman is hard, balancing both worlds need my complete attention and also making some tough decisions.

"Is that 400 acres of land near Dahanu still yours?" I demanded,

"Yes," The minister nodded his head,

"Well then, Consider it's done," I said.

"Thank you so much, I will start the paperwork right away," The minister smiled and got up from the couch while pulling his phone out of his pocket, calling someone. His son glanced at me and pulled a file out, extending to me.