Chapter 19

Looking at the phone, Humza clenched his jaw recalling what had happened and how she said those things to him

Looking at the phone, Humza clenched his jaw recalling what had happened and how she said those things to him. He gripped the phone hard and anger rose inside him. Because of her, he missed an important meeting today. Thanks to his assistant Daniel, he didn't miss any other meetings today.

He didn't like how she spoke to him, no one ever dared to talk to him in that tone. Gunnar is someone who causes people terrified of him, his majestic and intimidating aura, his dominant reputation scare the shit out of his enemies that they never dared to even sit in his presence.

He walks like a king, with a kind of confidence that makes people bow down to him but for Rhythm, everything is different.

For her, Humza the cruellest and most ruthless mafia don, the title doesn't matter to her. She doesn't care about his status or ruthless reputation. Somehow her bold nature and how she talks back to Humza bother him.

He loathes people like her and he hates her for that.

Humza loves seeing fear in people's eyes, fear of him. He feeds on that.

He always searched for that kind of fear in her eyes, in those beautiful chocolate eyes but never found that which made him angrier. Every time he used her family to make her feel scared of him, but he repeatedly saw worry for them and anger for him in those eyes, not fear.

It irritates him.

Her sorry note woke his inner beast, which thirst for revenge on her. The fact that she apologized for breaking his phone and didn't for talking to him like that made him furious. He didn't like her guts and wanted her to regret her actions.

She has to learn to respect him and obey his every command, Humza's going to make sure of that.

"You will regret talking to me that way, Rhythm," He promised while glaring at the phone.

***

Rhythm woke feeling sun rays falling on her face. She sat up yawning and glanced beside her to see it empty.

He must have left, she thought and turned but from the corner of her eyes, she noticed something on the nightstand. She glanced at it and saw Humza's phone laying there. She got up and walked over to the night.

She sighed as she saw the phone there, laying in three pieces. Humza broke it again as it was before and left it there. His message was clear and she understood that.

"Stubborn," she muttered angrily and walked inside the bathroom.

***

Humza was sitting in his office, working, when he heard a knock on the door, "Mr. Ghazali," He heard his assistant's voice.

"Come in, Daniel," he said,

"Boss, Mr. George Williams is waiting for you in the meeting room," Daniel informed.