Chapter 18

Humza woke up feeling his phone vibrating, He grabbed his phone and slowly sat up while yawning

Humza woke up feeling his phone vibrating, He grabbed his phone and slowly sat up while yawning. As he saw Akeem's name flashing on the screen, he answered the call.

"Not now, Akeem, I'll call you back," he said,

"Okay, but the meeting with Geoinka's last night did go well, I'm surprised they called in the morning, letting us know that they want to proceed with the project, " he replied,

"Good thing," Humza replied,

"And... one thing I want to ask you... why did you leave Rhythm alone in the house... You know the meeting could have waited but you choose to come this far for that and leave her all alone... You didn't even go home early," he said,

"Akeem.... She's not a child and this meeting is important... I'm surprised you asked me this... you know the meeting with Geoinka's has been pending because of the marriage and I didn't know that the meeting is this long... I thought it to be short but Geoinkas did irritate me with their stupid clauses and all,"

"Yeah, But Humza, Till your mom and Amina, come back from Delhi... I think you should let me handle the business issues.... Don't leave Rhythm alone in the mansion... if your mom learns that you left her alone and went out for the meeting and returned late at night....she would kill me!" Akeem said,

"Hahaha, I know you would be ready to die for me, Akeem... thank you," Humza said and hung up.

Humza placed the phone on the nightstand and stretched his hands wide while yawning, he glanced at Rhythm and saw her sleeping like a puppy. He couldn't stop himself from feeling how adorable she looked.

A small smile appeared on his lips looking at her.

He leaned over and stared at her beautiful sleeping face; he slowly pushed those strands of hair off her forehead without touching her skin. As he was getting off the bed, he noticed the red marks on her wrists.

What's that, he thought while looking at red bruises over her wrists.

The way he tied her wrists last night flashed in front of his eyes, "Fuck," He muttered.

Humza was surprised at how she freed herself last night and it made him want to play more with her. He couldn't help but test how far she can go in this with him. From the day he first saw her, she had been surprising him.

He remembered how she kept pushing him while speaking to him angrily. No one ever dared to do that because Humza never allowed anyone to do that but when Rhythm did it, he didn't get angry but he was enjoying it.

All though he didn't understand why she, said " Or did I ask you who was that you were fucking in that room?" because he was at the meeting with Geoinka and was not in the house but he ignored that and enjoyed mocking her and making her furious.

He glanced at the red marks on her wrists,

If mom sees those marks she would definitely be upset with you, Humza, his subconscious murmured inside his head.