Chapter 5

Rhythm

Rhythm.

"What happened to you?" I heard my brother asking me, so I turned my head to him. We were driving back to the hospital from there after their men showed up and ruined everything. I had been upset and I couldn't take Amaan off my mind.

Though the thought that I cried in front of a complete stranger was still at the back of my head, it didn't bother me since my mind was elsewhere.

"Nothing," I replied and turned to the window,

"Did you cry?" He asked,

"No," I replied, staring at the passing trees through the window,

"Don't lie to me Rhythm, your face clearly shows you cried," he said,

"No, I didn't," I said sternly,

Don't ask, Osman, please, I will not be able to tell you without ending up crying again. I don't want to cry anymore.

I know he would bash Amaan right after I tell him what he did, but I can't do that. My father is more important to me than anything right now, and if he discovers what happened to me he'll surely ask tons of questions and stress himself out.

It's not the right time.

"I was just angry," I lied.

I could feel his eyes on me but he didn't ask any further questions and continued driving. I feel tears rushing to my eyes again but I tried my best to not let them flow down my cheeks.

***

As we brought dad back to our mansion, the first question he asked was "Where's Amaan?" I did everything to ignore his question but he kept asking me about him. I had to lie to him saying he didn't know about this.

I don't know how many days I have to lie to my father about Amaan but I have to do it until his health recovers. I know my dad and father, they will for sure kill him for cheating on me. I don't want that. I want to forget about him, I hate him for what he did.

I'm having mixed feelings, I feel hurt, betrayed, disappointed and angry. I loved him and always dreamed of our wedding but his betrayal shattered everything.

***

I'm in my room, with my knees pulled to my chest and my hands wrapped around my knees. I was sitting near the window and staring at the green fields near our house. Resting my chin on my knee, I tried to clear my head but his face and what he did kept flashing in front of my eyes. No matter how much I control myself, tears keep filling my eyes.

"Enough," I said to myself while wiping the tears, I took a deep breath and exhaled.

"No more tears, He doesn't deserve them," I murmured while getting up and making my way towards the door. I shut my mind and tried not to let any of his thoughts disturb me again. As I was about to grab the knob, the door of my room was pushed open making me gasp and step back.