Chapter 13

24 hours back,

24 hours back,

Author's Pov:-

After visiting Rhythm's parents, Gunnar went back to his office, sipping his coffee he stood in front of the huge ceiling window and stared outside. He had many things running through his mind, the marriage, and the promise he gave to his mother are the things which stressed him more.

He doesn't want to marry Rhythm but he had no choice.

There was a knock on the door which pulled him out of his thoughts, he turned back and placed his cup on the table while glancing at his mother. Farah's so excited about the marriage, from the moment Gunnar was born, she always dreamed of his marriage.

The day she lost her husband Karam, she always wanted Gunnar's marriage to be a traditional Hindu and Nikaah. Gunnar's father Karam Patel is a Hindu and his mother Farah is a Muslim, it was a love marriage. Back then, they faced trouble because of their marriage and in those difficult situations, Karam decided to change his surname.

She wanted to honour her husband and his last wish but She knew Gunnar hates his father but he will never deny her wish, with that in her mind. She went to him.

"Humza," she walked to him with a sweet smile on her lips,

"About the marriage..." She hesitated while sitting on the couch. Gunnar stared at her waiting for her to continue, "... I want this marriage to happen in the Hindu way..." hearing that Gunnar exhaled a deep breath with a disapproving look on his face.

Farah ignored him and continued, "Tomorrow, it will be a Hindu marriage and Nikkah will be the next day... I have talked to Rhythm's parents about it and they have no problem with this," she informed,

"I know why you want this Mom, but you know how much I hate that man," He said, gritting his teeth.

"Humza, He's your father..." Farah said, "... Please respect that... and... his last wish," she requested.

Gunnar stared at her teary eyes and sighed deeply, "Fine... if this is what you want..."

"Thank you," she smiled while wiping her tears, "I have talked to the priest and he agreed to perform the marriage..." She continued to talk about the preparations but Gunnar's mind was elsewhere. Rhythm's face flashed in front of his mind and his jaw clenched.

The plan was to kill her not to marry her but his mother saved her from getting killed and saved her family as well.

Gunnar hated this but for the sake of his mother, he kept quiet and tolerated everything.

After dinner, Farah and Amina began to perform the Mehandi Ceremony. It was late at night, Rhythm sat there with Amina and Farah, still lost in thoughts. She couldn't accept that her father accepted the proposal and tomorrow is her wedding.

***

Present.

Rhythm and Gunnar were sitting in the car, going back to the mansion. There was complete silence in the car, Rhythm refused to even glance at his side and hated to sit beside him. She felt suffocated and wanted to get out of his car as soon as possible.

The idea of getting married to the person she hated the most was terrible, now bearing his last name was suffocating her to the core. She doesn't know how she's going to survive this marriage but she's determined to show him hell.

Farah had informed Rhythm that Nikkah is tomorrow and she has to go back to her room and wake up early. As soon as they reached the mansion, Rhythm let out a sigh of relief.

Finally, she thought while opening the car door once the car stopped.

"Wait," She heard Gunnar's order and stilled,

She glanced at him and saw him clenching his jaw while turning to her, "Remember what I said to you earlier," he said with an extremely serious look on his face which provoked fear in Rhythm.

The scene of Acid and Gunnar's men pointing guns at her parents rushed to her mind and made her nod her head at him.

One of the bodyguards helped her get out of the car and Amina led her to her room. It was dark outside and Rhythm was just sitting in front of the mirror as Amina was helping her remove the jewelry.

Looking at Rhythm, Amina felt quite bad and wanted to help her get out of it but she couldn't. She's scared of making Gunnar upset and she has to keep quiet. She's not happy with what has been happening with Rhythm and wanted to do something about it but she knew only Farah can help Rhythm and also handle her Brother.

The whole night, Rhythm couldn't sleep and constantly prayed to Allah to keep her family safe.

***

Rhythm's mind and sanity were in a state of chaos. This is her fate and serendipity, A gruesome, appalling and nightmarish life ahead of her. An entity without love and with sufferings, distress and hardships.

Is this what Allah wrote for me? She thought.

The wedding hall was separated into two, one half was for the men and one half for the Women. With the main stage in between so that both groups can see. Rhythm was sitting at the side of the women and Gunnar was sitting at the men's side.

There was a beautiful flower partition placed in between, separating Gunnar and Rhythm.

"Do you, Rhythm Hussain, Daughter of Salman Hussian accept Hamza Ghazali, Son of late Karam Ghazali as your husband?" the Qazi asked.

His question ran a shiver down Rhythm's spine, for a prolonged time, she contemplated thinking whether there was still a way out of this. She glanced at her mother.

No, there wasn't.

What wrong had I ever done to any living being to deserve him, to deserve any of this? She questioned.

"Qubool Ha-Hai," (I Do) Rhythm replied meekly, as she felt her eyes get wet. She did it thrice the way it was supposed to be.

Everyone began to congratulate them but her mind was completely shut off.

This was it, there's no chance for her to escape this cruelty. It was all numb now.

She's now married to a monster, she had accepted a devil as her husband and the thought itself made her hate herself. She has been written off as his now, yet she didn't belong to him.

Author's Note;-

Hey guys, Leave your comments below and do follow me for more updates.

Your comments encourage me to continue this story with double updates.

Follow my social media to know about the updates schedule for July.

Instagram:- S.N_Nina_Arthur.

Facebook:- S.N Nina Arthur.