Chapter 35

The dark presses heavily, congested with shadows and virulence as the night wears on. Humza never wanted the sun to rise so badly, desperate for the clarity of light to pierce the obstinate haze from his mind.

It had been two days since that night when he held her and woke up in the morning, with her in his arms, Sleeping peacefully. He quickly left not wanting her to know what happened last night.

Humza flexed his hand, forcefully prying his fingers open. His knuckles burned from clenching his bruised hand into a fist for hours. He can still smell her sweet scent on him, still taste her, still feel her...and his jaw locked tight, teeth gritted against the deceptive thoughts invading his head.

Back leaning against the brick building of a bar, He waited for his target to appear. Usually, he was a patient man, but tonight he was coiled and anxious and seeking the release that comes from a violent job.

He blew out a terse breath into the foggy air, still shaken to his core. Her response to his touch in the bathroom thrilled him as much as it unhinged him.

As for him, there was no denying he wanted her, but He loathed every second of it and every part of himself for that weak need. He wanted to devour her, to indulge like a glutton and consume her until she was screaming for release.

Fuck, His mind is a twisted web of sick loathing.

Fury baited his course through the darkness as he stalked his prey. Humza was doing the job too early. He has his men only been trailing him for a week, and it's sloppy. But He needed an outlet for this restlessness crawling under his skin.

The bar door swings open.

A buzz filled his head like a million wasps as He pushed off the building and stalked toward Asad Khan. Standing under a sign, Asad sparked a lighter and inhaled a deep drag of his cigarette. Humza could tell he was inebriated, and He wish he wasn't because Humza wanted there to be nothing to dull his pain. He exhaled the smoke from his lungs and spied Humza through the thick cloud.

No man can mistake what Humza's presence entails.

Asad's shoulders squared, and he took one last pull off the cigarette before he tossed it to the grimy sidewalk. His narrowed gaze dropped to the silencer aimed at him from beneath Humza's tuxedo jacket.

As He approached, Asad cocked his chin. "Hey there," he said, dark eyes glassy and unfocused.

Humza kept his Gun aimed at his head.

"If it was a hit, I'd already be dead." He rolled his shoulders. "So, what do you want?"

He nudged the tip of the gun, directing him. "Walk."

Asad's arrogant face cracked with a sardonic smile. "If you're not going to kill me, then I'm not walking...."

The pop whistled through the night air, followed by his deep groan. Asad dropped down to grab his foot where the bullet lodged, and Humza drove his elbow into his face and cracked his nose.

"Mother fuck..."

Humza used the gunstock to knock the back of his head. As he went down, He grabbed his booted ankle and dragged him into the alleyway where Humza's car was idling and clicked the button on the fob.

After He shoved him into the trunk, He stretched out a length of duct tape and muzzled his mouth, wrapping it around his head, then proceeded to cable tie his wrists together and slammed the trunk closed.

As He drove deeper into downtown, the warehouse rose up above dark water and cracked pavement, a rusted monument of time to this city. Mumbai is notorious for its after-hour activities, those not acknowledged in the light of day.

Humza parked near the roll door entrance and unloaded his duffle bag from the backseat. His skin hummed with the buzz of the industrial fluorescent light pitched off the side of the warehouse. He made quick work of preparing his work area.

Plastic tarp, meat hook, tools of the trade, all spread out and neatly positioned. For one to be mad, one has to be out of control, and he prides himself on being in complete control at all times.

A dark voice mocked that claim in the back of his head with a flash of her tantalizing body.

She damn near unravelled me.

Shutting his thoughts, he whistled at the warehouse. Moments later, Acid walked out with two other men of Humza's. They dragged Asad inside and tied him up to the chair. Asad kept begging Humza to let him go. As a man, his begging and grovelling were embarrassing. We all know what waits for us at the end of the line.

Some find it sooner than others, but we all know a dark and violent death is coming.

"You were passing information about my family and business to Tabets," Humza said and Asad's face paled in horror.

"Accept your punishment,"

Flipping out the karambit knife, Acid flicked the blade back and forth, the steel gleaming as it caught the light of the industrial lamp. The sound as the blade snickered the air made Asad a blubbering imbecile.

Humza watched as Acid began torturing him and extracting information he wanted from Asad. Humza stood up and walked up to him, "Acid can actually enjoy torturing you but..." he shoved the hooked point of the knife into his stomach and twisted.

"But I can't miss the fun,"

As He yanked the blade free, some of his entrails came with it.

An angelic face rushed into his thoughts, and the sweet tang of her blood filled his mouth. He gritted his teeth at her invasion. If he had to be here all night, he'll carve her out of his fucking head.

Asad tried to kick away, and Humza grabbed hold of his bloody boot.

His vision went dark.

Red pulsed at the seams.

***

The trace of lavender curled around his senses. The rousing sound of tiny inhalations mingled with the electric fizzing in his blood to draw him out of oblivion.

Humza doesn't recall how he got here, standing in the doorway of his study.

The scene at the warehouse played before his eyes, its talons dug deep into his skin. His bloody knife is sheathed inside his pocket. His hands rested at his sides, his muscles twisted tight with fire.

Through the red haze, he found his prey.

Rhythm stilled as his gaze burned through her. She was sitting on the couch, with a book in her hand. She didn't move, she held so still that she must have sensed the danger pressing in the air.

He could feel the heavy rise and fall of his chest, every breath coated his lungs with her scent, and he was desperate to either extinguish it or devour it.

"Humza?"

Her voice bled through the rush of blood.

That's all it takes.

Her voice, her scent.

The monster he had been trying to hold at bay unleashed.

Author's Note:- 

Hey guys, Do leave your comments below. 

Target:- 100 comments, 250 Votes, 10 followers. 

Love you all, 

Take care.