Chapter 15

Thank you for this Edits, Erica page

***

Rhythm rushed out of the room and headed to the kitchen, where she noticed she was alone. She leaned to the kitchen counter and released a breath. His naked back rushed to her mind, those back muscles and biceps made her swallow hard.

Stop it, Rhythm.

Her subconscious yelled at her.

From the corner of her eyes, she saw Farah walking into the kitchen and turned to her, "Good morning," Farah greeted her with a smile.

"Good Morning," Rhythm smiled back,

"How was your first night?" Amina asked while entering the kitchen with an excited look on her face.

"Amina?" Farah shot a glare at her but she rolled her eyes at her.

"Mayden," Farah called while checking the dishes placed in the kitchen,

"Yes, Ma'am," she replied while walking to the kitchen,

"Is breakfast ready?" she asked,

"Yes, Ma'am," she informed,

***

Rhythm pulled the chair out and sat down, as she heard Humza's voice, she glanced at him and saw him talking to someone on the phone. She quickly looked away and focused on her food. She felt his presence beside her but didn't dare to look at him and fixed her eyes on the food in front of her.

There was complete silence.

Farah cleared her throat and grabbed everyone's attention.

"Humza... Rhythm...Me and Amina..." Farah glanced at Amina and continued, "are leaving for Delhi to meet your Aunt," She informed,

Humza stared at his mother, clearly understanding why she was leaving for Delhi suddenly.

"At what time are you leaving," Rhythm asked, looking at Farah.

Rhythm was worried, being alone with Humza made her nervous. She couldn't just imagine being alone with him for just a few minutes let alone days.

"The flight is at 11:30 am, we'll move after breakfast," Farah replied.

Oh god!

She thought while glancing at Humza through her lashes.

How the hell am I going to survive with him, alone.

Humza's sitting in his office and busy checking the files of his current project when heard a soft knock on his door.

"Come in," he ordered,

Farah pushed the door of his office and walked inside, "Humza, I need to talk to you," She said with a serious look on her face.

After what she witnessed at the wedding, Farah had this intense guilt building in her chest. She had to confront her son about his behavior.