Chapter 45

As Rhythm and Humza's car rolled to a stop in front of the main door, Rhythm's heart leaped into her throat. There they were, her family, standing on the porch, waiting for her. Tears welled up in her eyes at the sight of them, and she could hardly wait to embrace them.

It has been months since she last saw her parents and her grandparents, all of them standing together, their faces lit up with joy and relief. Her hands trembled as she reached for the door handle, her eyes fixed on the familiar faces ahead. Emotions overwhelmed her, and tears blurred her vision. Months of separation melted away in an instant as she stepped out of the car and into the embrace of her family.

"Rhythm!" her mother cried, her voice choked with emotion.

Her mother rushed forward, arms outstretched, tears streaming down her cheeks. Rhythm ran into her mother's arms, the warmth of their reunion washing over her like a

tidal wave. They held each other tightly.

"Mom," Rhythm cried.

Behind her mother, Rhythm's father stood, his eyes moist with unshed tears. He wrapped his hand around them both in a hug. Rhythm felt peace settle over her, a feeling of belonging that she had sorely missed.

Her brother and grandparents gathered around, their love surrounding her like a warm embrace. For a moment, time seemed to stand still as Rhythm showered in the love of her family, each hug and each touch a reminder of the bond they shared. In that moment, all the pain and heartache of the past months melted away, replaced by an utter sense of belonging and homecoming.

"I missed you so much," Rhythm whispered, her voice barely above a whisper.

"We missed you too, sweetheart," her mother replied, her voice thick with emotion.

As Rhythm and her family embraced each other, there lingered an unspoken tension in the air, a silent acknowledgment of the fear and uncertainty that still lingered between them and Humza. Yet, despite their fear, they chose to focus on the present moment and on the joy of being reunited after so long.

"Assalamu Alaikum, Humza," he said, his voice calm yet firm.

Humza returned the greeting with a respectful nod, his guard still firmly in place. "Wa Alaikum Assalam," he replied, his tone measured yet respectful.

"Thank you for bringing Rhythm home." Rhythm's father continued, his words carrying the weight of sincerity. "We are happy to see her reunited with her family once again."

Humza simply gave a nod at Salman Hussian, but his grim demeanor remained. They walked inside, and Rhythm's mother offered Humza drinks and sweets, even though she was scared to approach him.

Later, Rhythm took Humza to her room, where they'll be staying for the next few days. The moment Humza stepped inside, his eyes roamed around her room.

"Your room is tiny," he commented while walking inside. Humza's eyes fell on the tiny bed. A small smirk played on his lips as he glanced at Rhythm.

"Thank you," Rhythm replied, her tone filled with sarcasm.

As Humza's eyes fell upon the childhood photo of Rhythm placed on the bedside table, a mischievous glint sparked in his eyes. He couldn't resist the urge to tease her and see her reaction.

"Look at this little troublemaker." He said, a playful smirk playing on his lips.

"What are you talking about?" Rhythm said, turning to him.

"Little Rhythm?" he said.

Rhythm's cheeks flushed at his teasing tone, a mixture of embarrassment and amusement swirling within her. She moved to snatch the photo from his grasp, her heart pounding against her rib cage.

"Hey, give that back," she protested.

But Humza held the photo just out of her reach, his grin widening as he watched her squirm. Rhythm went on her toes, grabbing Humza's hand, trying to pull it down and take the photo, but it was out of her reach due to Humza's towering height.

Without realizing it, Rhythm moved closer and closer to Humza. Their bodies are too close, and their lips are almost touching. Rhythm stilled when she felt her breasts squeeze against Humza's huge chest. Her eyes moved to his, and she found them already staring at her. Their breaths miggled, and the air between them grew heavier.

Rhythm's lips quivered as she held her breath, and her heart began to slam violently against her ribcage. When she saw Humza's eyes moving to her lips, his eyes darkened. She quickly tried to step away but lost her balance and fell on Humza. He tried to hold her, but they both fell down.

A small yelp left Rhythm's lips as she fell on Humza. Her body was laying on his hard and strong body. His hard manhood pressed against her abdomen, her breasts squeezed against his chest, her hair covering his face, and her soft lips on his.

A gasp left her lips, and she quickly lifted her head. She could feel the heat radiating from Humza's body beneath her, sending shivers coursing through her veins. His dark eyes fixed on her lips, and she saw intense desire crossing them.

Rhythm's heart raced in her chest as she felt Humza's hands on her waist, his touch sending sparks of electricity dancing across her skin. She could feel the tension building between them—a magnetic pull drawing them closer with each passing second.

Their breath mingled in the space between them, hot and heavy with unspoken desire. Rhythm could feel the heat of Humza's gaze burning into her, igniting a fire deep within her soul. The desire was creeping up inside her, wanting to give in.

Humza's hand slowly began to move towards the back of her neck, holding her and caressing her soft skin. A jolt of electricity rushed through her body at his touch, and a soft moan escaped her lips.

Suddenly, the sound of someone clearing their throat broke the silence, jolting both Rhythm and Humza out of their trance. Startled, Rhythm quickly got herself off Humza, her cheeks flushed with embarrassment as she struggled to regain her composure. Humza sat up next to her, his look cold and detached despite the heat in his eyes.

Turning to the door, Rhythm's heart sank as she saw her mother, her cousin Mera, and Osman.

standing in the doorway, Her mother and Mera were looking away, covering their smiles with their hands, while Osaman's expression was a mixture of amusement and disbelief.

"Uh, I'm glad to see you're making yourselves at home," he said, his voice filled with amusement, "but dinner's ready."

Rhythm nodded eagerly, thankful for the opportunity to escape the awkwardness of the moment. "Yes, dinner sounds great," she replied, her voice slightly breathless.

Author's Note;-

Hey guys, I'm truly very sorry for making you amazing people wait so long for an update. I'm so sorry. I love you guys, and I'm truly happy to see you people wait for updates with such patience; it really warmed my heart. I can't express how happy I felt when I read all your messages and requests. Thank you for your continuous love and support.

More updates are coming. Do follow me up on S ocia l Me dia.

I G: S.N_Nina_Arthur.

F B: S.N Nina Arthur.