Chapter 16

Thank you so much for this edits, Erica Page

***

After dropping his mother and sister at the airport, Humza headed back to his mansion. He had all this rage stored inside and needed to put it out at someone.

Even though Farah ordered him to apologize to Rhythm and her family, Humza didn't want to. He made up his mind and no one's gonna change it, not even his mother.

They killed my men and also tried to stop my business. Why the hell would I apologize to them?

Never in a million, I'm going to punish her and make her life hell for what she and her family did.

He parked the car and strolled inside his mansion.

Looking at him, every one of his bodyguards and maids understood that someone was going to be a victim of his wrath today. The whole day passed by, he stayed in his office, working on his business dealings and he didn't bother to even look at his wife.

Meanwhile, Rhythm had her dinner and was standing outside, looking at the night sky, and talking to her parents.

"Rhythm, My baby, how are you?" Rhythm's mother asked with worry evident in her voice,

"I'm fine, mam," Rhythm replied,

"How are you? How's everyone?" she asked through the phone,

"We are all fine, Dear, Don't worry about us," her mother replied,

"Is everything okay, there?" She asked,

"Yeah, Everything is fine, Don't worry, Mama," Rhythm replied with tears rolling in her eyes,

"How can we not worry, Rhythm," She said, "You are married to a dangerous man and that's why I'm more scared for you,"

"Don't be, Your daughter is not that weak, Mama, I'm strong and I can take care of myself," Rhythm assured.

"Rhythm..."

She cut her off, "Is Osman there, I want to talk to him,"

"Yeah, Here," her mother replied and handed the phone to Osman.

"Hello, Rhythm,"

"Osman, How are you?" Rhythm asked,

Hearing his voice, she couldn't stop tears from rolling down her eyes.

"I'm fine, But... You... Are you alright?" he asked,

"I'm angry, Osman," she said gritting her teeth,

"I'm extremely angry... now, I won't let this rage die down, Osman," she continued, "Gunnar has to pay for what he did with me, with us,"

"Rhythm don't..." suddenly someone from behind snatched the phone from her hand and cut the call.