Chapter 14

After Ruksathi, Everyone went back to the mansion and began having dinner

After Ruksathi, Everyone went back to the mansion and began having dinner. Rhythm's eyes were still teary and even though she had completely lost her appetite, she forced the food into her mouth.

If this is what's written in my fate, Then I would rather not cry and face it fiercely. I'm done with the remorse and tears. I just can't cry all my life, Rhythm thought with determination.

After dinner, she was escorted to Humza's room. She could feel her legs shaking with nervousness, scared was an understatement for what she felt right now. She was staring at the beautifully decorated king-size bed and her insides screamed at her to destroy it.

The sound of the door being open reached her ears, and her survival instincts quickly kicked in. she looked around for anything or something to protect herself from the monster. Her eyes landed on the bowl of fruits placed on the nightstand.

She rushed towards it and grabbed an apple, breathing heavily, she turned to him and pointed it at him in defense. Humza strolled towards her in slow strides. He had this evil glint in his eyes that made Rhythm's heart pound against her chest.

He grabbed the glass of milk and turned to her, "Stop," she said with fear ticking in her. Humza strode towards her which made her step back in utter fear.

Her heart kept slamming against her ribcage and tears began rushing to her eyes.

"Stop," She threw the apple at him but to her surprise, he caught it and smirked at her. It made her frustrated and she quickly grabbed one more and threw it at him but it missed him.

"Damn it," she muttered under her breath and turned back, she grabbed one more and pointed at him.

"Stop right there," She ordered.

He didn't.

She kept grabbing those fruits and throwing them at him, yelling at him to stop but he kept going.

Frustrated, she turned back to grab one more fruit but found the bowl empty. She glanced at the knife and quickly grabbed it.

"Stop or else I'll kill you," She pointed it at him and yelled in anger.

Humza glanced at the knife in her hand and stopped in his tracks.

"Don't you dare come close to me..." she said looking at him with tears rolling down her eyes.

"I'll never be your wife... I will never accept this marriage," she spat in anger and pain. She felt anger inside her as if a storm was ready to leash. Her words didn't affect him, Hamza stared at her eyes, and tears rolling in those eyes, those cheeks turning red made him chuckle.

All of a sudden he grabbed her arm which was holding the knife, pushed it away, and wrapped his arm around her waist. He turned and pinned her against the wall. Breathing hard, Rhythm stared at him in shock. Panic surged through her system.

"Let go of me," Rhythm said with a shaky voice,

"Shut up," He ordered while gripping her wrist harder, making her whimper in pain.

"Listen to me carefully, Rhythm..." He said, grabbing her chin and forcing her to look at him.

"I.. Hate you...This marriage!... means nothing to me, we may be husband and wife to the outside world... But behind those closed doors, you are nothing... To me," he said, clenching his jaw.

"You remember the deal, You'll be my good little wife and do all duties perfectly... and... nothing will happen to your family..." He stared into her eyes with an evil glint that spent a chill down her spine.

"Or else no one in this world could save them from me...." he said dangerously. "Get that?" He added,

Everything about him is dark and dangerous, and Rhythm could see the hatred for her shining in his eyes.

"Do you get that?" He repeated while putting pressure on her wrist,

"Y-yes," she whimpered in pain,

"Good," He let go of her wrist, Rhythm immediately glanced at her wrist and saw his fingerprints on her skin.

"Whatever happens in this room, stays in here, I hear you telling someone anything you shouldn't," He leaned closer to her until his breath hit her face, "You won't like the consequences of it, Rhythm,"

"Why..." She hiccupped, "Why are you doing this?"

He stared into her eyes while clenching his jaw and letting go of her. She gasped as suddenly removed his hands off her, which made her stumble on her feet. Breathing hard, she glanced at Humza and saw him walk outside the room.

****

Humza stepped outside his walk-in closet dressed in nightwear and his eyes landed on Rhythm sleeping on the right side of the bed. She changed her clothes and was asleep. He noticed the pillow wall she built in the middle of the bed.

"Seriously?"

He shook his head and walked over to his side and laid down. He turned off the lights and glanced at Rhythm, he closed his eyes.

***

Feeling the sunlight on her face, Rhythm opened her eyes and sat up. Yawning, she glanced at Humza and saw him still asleep. She stared at his peacefully sleeping face, taking his handsome features in.

If he hadn't done all those awful things, one can easily find him attractive, she thought.

She got up carefully, trying not to wake him up, and walked into the washroom and did the morning routines. After having a relaxing shower, she walked into the walk-in closet and found her luggage being placed in the corner.

She walked over there and wore a green saree paired it with a red blouse by Sabyasachi. While she was doing her hair and makeup she heard the shower being run in the washroom.

The Devil's finally awake, she thought.

She wore her jewelry and grabbed the towel that was placed on her chair, she looked over her luggage and began checking whether everything was there or did she miss something.

"I remember there were four bags but here... there's only three, where's the fourth one?" she muttered while looking at the bags. She folded the towel, placed it in its place, and strolled out of the closet.

As she stepped into her room, her eyes landed on half-naked Humza and a gasp left her lips in surprise. She immediately turned back, "I-I'm sorry... I-I," She apologized.

Hearing her, Humza turned to her.

"I'm sorry," she said while glancing at his naked chest through her lashes and rushed out of the room.

Looking at her shyness, a small smile appeared on his lips.

"Good morning to you too, Little Wifey" He muttered while shaking his head.

Author's Note:-

Hey guys, do leave your comments below. If I get 10+ followers, there will be double updates tomorrow.

So, do vote for the chapters and leave tons of comments below.

Follow me up if you haven't.

Instagram:- S.N_Nina_Arthur.

Facebook:- S.N Nina Arthur.