Chapter 24

Rhythm is someone who would never listen to commands, she can be quite stubborn when she wants. Right now, she was not going to listen to Humza's command.

Humza was all dark corners and icy drafts as he watched her with an intense expression. He never liked her disobeying him.

The sight of him in a black suit and all angry stalled the air in her lungs.

A monster shouldn't be so damn gorgeous.

Her heart stammered in her chest, her chest rising and falling.

Waiting.

Focus, Rhythm, You are angry!!

Her subconscious yelled at her.

She lifted her chin in defiance. "I'm going."

After a solid beat where silence pressed between them, "It wasn't a request. You will not go with him,"

Her heart thundered, punching her breath from her lungs.

"Fear only works when you have something to lose and I'm not scared of you, Humza,"

"You're fucking naïve if you think you have nothing else to lose. There is always more to lose, Sweetheart,"

She held his lethal gaze, the lump in her throat burning.

He's deathly serious.

"Good Night, Humza," she said through gritted teeth and as she started to walk around him, he grabbed her arm and pulled her back.

"We have the matter of your punishment to discuss." His voice was a gruff whisper, sending a chill slinking along her bare skin.

"I gave you a direct command, and you blatantly disobeyed me."

Pulse caught in her throat, She stood still, motionless. Heat seared her skin where his fingers brand her skin, and a current arcs between them, hot friction drawing up her spine.

Turning to him, and looking straight into his eyes, she said, "I'm not your dog to command, Humza,"

He clenched his jaw in anger, tightening his grip on her arm. She did not flinch nor let that pain affect her as she glared at him. Seconds passed the pain he inflicted on her made tears rush to her eyes but she didn't stop glaring at him.

She can't let him control her all the time,

"I will not let you control me, You can stop me from doing what I want..." she said, angrily. No matter how hard she tried, tears streamed down her eyes.

"For once, why can't you let me,"

They were so close to each other, if any of them took a deep breath, their bodies would touch. His eyes flicked to those tears rolling down her eyes and to her quivering lips. He could feel time slowing down around him as his throat began to dry.

"If you want to go so bad, then I will take you there," he said, his jaw clenched and it seemed like he was trying to control himself badly.

"No," She denied, shaking her head.

"Do not test me, Rhythm," He gritted his teeth.

The tension thickened the air. She can feel his patience waning.

"Leave, before you make me do something I'll regret."

"Regret would mean you can feel remorse," She said,

"But a devil doesn't have a soul to feel anything," she added, glaring at him.

"That's not true, Sweetheart, the devil feels pleasure," he said with a small smirk at the corner of his lips, making her step back,