Chapter 11

Silence, there was pin-drop silence in my house

Silence, there was pin-drop silence in my house. The kind of silence that indicates that there is a storm coming. My heart was humming inside my chest, the anticipation was killing me inside. I was scared and anxious to know what my father had decided. What might his answer be?

The future of my life is now in his hands, his one decision can make my life go back to normal. I swallowed hard, waiting for him to say no to them and save me from them. My father has been my hero since my childhood, he and Osman would never let anyone hurt me. He would not agree to this marriage.

Say no! Dad Please! Please! Please!

I was constantly chatting inside my head, while I stared at him with hope in my eyes, he glanced at me and I saw something flicker in his eyes which made me confused for a second.

Why is dad looking at me like that?

Dad?

My legs began shivering a bit, my heart began beating faster as I saw my dad taking a deep breath and turning towards Gunnar and his mother.

"We..." he glanced at me,

Dad! No! Please!

"... Agree," He said,

In one word, my whole world fell apart. I stared at him, betrayed and in disbelief, I couldn't believe my dad just agreed to this marriage. He just agreed to my marriage with this devil.

Everyone around me had a smile and they were sharing sweets since it was a happy moment for them but I sat there, like a statue, betrayed, broken, staring at my father with tears rolling in my eyes.

I never thought my dad would do this to me!

How could you! Dad!!!

How could you do this to me?

I want to scream at him and ask him why? Why did he do this to me but I couldn't. My lips wouldn't move nor would my legs. Every part of my body was frozen after hearing his decision. I trusted him, I trusted him all my childhood, and he was my hero. He should save me from evil instead he just threw me in the hands of a satan?

I wish this is all a dream, a nightmare. I want to desperately wake up from this. No, my father can't do this to me, never in a million years will he push his daughter into the hands of an evil man.

I closed my eyes and began chanting in my head.

Wake up, Rhythm!

Wake up!

Wake up!

This is a dream, this is not real! No!

"Rhythm?"

No!

Wake up!

"Rhythm?" Someone shook my shoulder and I opened my eyes. Amina was standing in front of me with a huge smile on her lips and a sweet box in her hands.

"Sweet," She said,

I glanced at the sweets and with a shaky hand I took one, I could feel Gunnar's intense eyes on me and the warning they held. Swallowing the tears, I forced a fake smile on my face and tried my best to look happy.

Gunnar's eyes were on me, watching my every move like a hawk. I was scared to be under his eyes, he makes me feel anxious about what he might do if he didn't like anything I did. He's so unpredictable.

I always wanted to marry someone who I loved and trusted, someone who'd respect me and cared for me. I thought I would be happy with Amaan but he betrayed me and made me lose hope in love. Now, my father betrayed me too.

I don't know what to do? How should I stop getting married to this man?

God, please help me! Please.

"We'll take leave now," Gunnar declared, standing up and turning to me. He extended his hand towards me, I glanced at him before holding his hand. He immediately pulled me up from the couch, no one said anything to stop him.

I glanced at my mom and saw tears in her as she watched me helplessly. Gunnar forced me to walk with him, Amina and Farah were following him quietly. He led me towards the car and opened the door for me. I glanced at my family before getting inside, purely because I didn't have any other choice.

***

There was complete silence, it was deafening. I didn't want to look at him or talk to him. I feel nothing inside, it's just numb. I feel nothing at all. I had blind trust and faith in my father, but now that he agreed to get me married to Gunnar broke everything inside me.

"Mayden will have your room ready by the time we get back, you will be there until our marriage and after that, you will be in my room," His deep husky voice spoke, I glanced at him and saw him looking outside the window.

I just nodded my head without uttering a word.

By the time we reached the mansion, it was dinner time. As he said, Mayden led me to my room and I freshen up. I sat on my bed and stared into space, not knowing what to do now. If I escape from here, his target would be my parents and I can't be that selfish, for my freedom, I can't put them in danger.

Is this how a woman feels when she gets to marry a person she doesn't like, helpless and trapped. When her biggest support system, her own family marries her off to a complete stranger? Without her consent?

There was a knock on the door which pulled me back from my trance, I saw a mid aged woman pushing the door and walking inside.

"Miss. Dinner is ready, everyone is waiting for you," she said. I got up from the bed and followed her behind. She led me to the dining hall where Gunnar, Amina and Farah were sitting. I noticed that Amina was sitting on the right side of Gunner, leaving a seat beside him and her.

To his left sat his mother, I understood their silent point and quietly sat down in that empty seat.

I hate to sit with him, I hate this.

Maid began serving us food and I quietly dug in. There was complete silence but then, suddenly his phone began ringing. He excused himself to answer the call, I glanced at his way before continuing.

"Then what THE HELL ARE YOU DOING THERE!" He yelled,

I jumped as suddenly as he was, glancing at Amina and Farah. I noticed them quietly having their dinner as if it was normal for them.

"Don't fucking tell those fucking excuses!!!" He yelled again,

"Fix it up before I FIX YOU BASTARD!" he shouted at the person on the other end before he hung up on him.

He came back to the dining table, "Fucking Idoit," he muttered under his breath.

I glanced at his face and noticed his clenched jaw which indicated his anger. He sat down and kept trying to calm himself but was miserably failing. I wanted to finish my dinner as soon as possible and get the hell outta here.

My complete focus was on food when I heard Farah calling me, "Your wedding is tomorrow at 11;30 Am, you need to wake up soon so that you could get ready for your big day," she informed me,

"I'm excited," Amina beamed in excitement,

I just smiled and lowered my head.

Tomorrow is not my big day, it's the worst day of my life.

Author's Note;-

Hey guys, leave your comments below and do like the book.

FOr more updates on this book do follow me.

Instagram:- S.n_nina_arthur.

Facebook Page:- S.N Nina Arthur.