Chapter 38

Humza's one question pulled Rhythm back from the trance, she blinked her eyes and reality hit her all of a sudden. She swallowed the lump that formed in her throat and blinked twice, trying to answer him.

"I...I..." She stuttered, trying to control the overwhelming torment.

"What's the matter, Sweetheart?" He asked, his hot breath hitting her skin.

Rhythm was unsure how to answer his question. She was furious that she allowed herself to fall so carelessly into the hands of a man who hurt her and her family several times.

"I...I was trying to help you..." She finally said, her breaths hot against the wall.

He pressed his hands right her head against the wall, caging her.

"Why?" he asked,

Why? Why did she try to help him? Why? When he always hurt her and played with her emotions and treated her like his pet? Why did she try to help him when he never helped her in any way?

Why did she let herself go close to him when she should stay away from him?

She was confused and she no longer understood what was happening to her.

What is he doing to me?

This isn't me! I would never let someone I hate touch me and....?

This is his fault? What is he doing to me?

Rage began to rise within her, she hated herself for what was happening. She turned to him, her eyes hardened and anger shining in them.

"Because I'm not you..." She said, glaring at him.

Humza stared at her, something inside him wanting to hear it. Hear her say that she hated him and never wanted to stay close to him only then Humza could stop himself from wanting her.

Only then, he could convince himself that he hates her as well.

He could see the hatred she had for him in her eyes and it hurt him deeply, even though he tried his best not to let that affect him, but it did.

"What are you doing to me?" She asked, confused and hurt.

She didn't like what was happening between them, her moral self making her loathe herself for letting him touch her no matter how much her body liked it and wanted it.

"You are... you are changing me into someone else..." She said, her voice breaking. Her eyes were staring at him, accusing him.

"And I... I'm not liking it," She spoke, tears rolling down her eyes, "I'm not... I'm not liking that person, Humza,"

"Why?" She broke, "Why are you doing this to me?"

Humza stood there, watching her cry because of him. It hurt him to watch those tears rolling down her cheeks. He had this urge to wipe them and stop her but he didn't. He couldn't. He wanted to kill the person that was hurting her, bring the whole damn world to her feet if she wanted, to stop her from crying but it was him.

She was crying because of him.

He stood there, helpless.

"It would have been better if you had killed me that day, Humza," She said, breathless and angry.

"Is this what you planned?" She said, her words sharp, "Is this your way to torture me?"

Humza tilted his head, sealing his lips and watching her while she threw her anger at him. He quietly let her say those sharp words which stabbed him over and over again but he didn't interrupt her.

"To... To make me hate myself... " She uttered, her words came out as if she learned something.

He shook his head, looking away from her. He couldn't let her hate herself. If she wanted he could let her hate him, loathe him for her whole life instead but not herself.

"I never asked you to help me," He said, looking at her and controlling his tone, "You should have left me... You should have walked away,"

"Yes, you never did but this is who I am, Humza Ghazali," She said, wiping her tears.

"You were covered in blood, how am I supposed to leave you," She spoke, angry at his question, "I thought it was you..." She stopped herself from completing that sentence. She swallowed hard and glanced at him.

Humza clenched his jaw, the thought of her caring for him made his heart clench inside his chest. He was not the person that someone like her should care for. He doesn't deserve it. He's not capable to have someone's affection.

"This is who I am, Rhythm," He said, grabbing her arm and gripping it hard.

"My world revolves around blood and money...and..." He said, glaring at her, "You... Should stay far away from it,"

Tears were rolling down her eyes as his grip on her arm hardened, "You don't belong there... since you mean nothing to me,"

Rhythm felt a sting in her chest when he said that, the pain he's been psychically inflicting on her was no match to the pain he caused through his words.

"Yes, You are right, Humza," She said, staring into his eyes, "This is who you are."

Rhythm couldn't control the tears and pain in her tone anymore, "This is your life," She continued, "You are this darkness... Whoever touches you... you pull them into that and they can't save themselves from it... And you... You stare at them with those cold dark emotionless eyes!"

"Why?" She said, stepping closer to him, "Your mother... Never spoke to you once, Don't tell me that she did,"

"You..." Humza tried to stop her but she continued, "Hadi told me," 

"She hates the things you do! The killings and all!" She yelled, "Because she cares for you, Humza!"

"They are in constant danger because of you and what you do..." She said, "You pulled them into your dark life,"

"Because of that...I think..." She gulped hard, "Even though I know you will never do it and that thing has no meaning in your life but..."

She stared into his eyes, "If you ever decide to love someone... someday..." Swallowing hard with tears rolling down her eyes, she added, 

"Don't do it, Humza," She said, her voice breaking. 

Humza's breath stuck in his throat, he stared at her with his head tilted to the side. His eyes stared at her, begging her not to say it and save him from the pain.

"Don't love," She said, "Don't ever love someone, Please," a fresh set of tears filled her eyes.

"Because, you..." She pressed her finger on his chest, "...Will probably destroy their lives,"

With tears rolling down her cheeks, Rhythm stepped out of the shower and wrapped a towel around her body before walking out of the washroom.

Humza stood there, staring at the place she stood with him in the shower. Clenching his jaw and fisting his hand. Suddenly he felt something running down his cheek, his hand moved up and his finger caught a drop of tears which were running down his right eye without his knowledge.

Rage and pain took over him as he punched the marble in front of him hard. He left his knuckles still on the marble while glaring at it and clenching his jaw. Blood began running down from his hand.

Author's Note:-

Hey guys, One more update is coming up soon, Please leave your comments below and do like the book if you haven't already.

Love you all,

I missed you guys,

Take care.